Did Troy Smith win the Heisman because of Ted Ginn? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did Troy Smith win the Heisman because of Ted Ginn?

Troy Smith made some spectacular plays at Ohio State, but got shut down in the championship... is it because he lost Ted Ginn as a playmaker after the Kick Return celebration?

Are you kidding me??
This may be the dumbest question ever asked. Ted Ginn was a part of his success--but there were many, many, MANY games where Smith was a loner and took the game over.

At Michigan his Junior year he threw from something like 300yrds. and rushed for another 145yrds. or something of the sort.

Also, his "Heisman Highlight" did not include Ginn. It was the scramble 45yrd TD to Gonzo.

Smith was successful becasue of his talent and a lot of great teammates. Ginn, Gonzo, Pittman, Beanie, Robo, etc....

Smith won the Heisman for Smith.

Troy did not win it just bc of Ginn, he had one heck of a surrounding cast. I also think that Troy isn't getting a fair shake bc of his height, same thing Brees went through. But Troy looked good in the last couple of games. What can I say other than I am from Ohio and I love my BUCKEYES, and am happy as can be that we have Ginn!

Listen Troy Smith had a great supporting cast around him. He won because he controlled games and was a great passing QB. Like Skeet said he had 1 bad game and it happened to be his biggest game of his life.

No, Smith was an excellent QB who played his best in big games...except for his last game, he got fat and arrogant from winning the heisman.

Look how pedestrian Ken Dorsey(one of the best college qb's ever) looked when he faced a fast and furious pass rush...it was the same thing for Smith who had never been presured like that before.

Just more evidence of pass protection being a key element in a Qb's success.

IMO, Smith won the Heisman because of a lack of talented (enough) contenders. He was the offensive leader of the #1 ranked team.

IMO, Smith won the Heisman because of a lack of talented (enough) contenders. He was the offensive leader of the #1 ranked team.

Smith beat two #2 ranked teams in the country that year?? Including a dominant performance against the #1 ranked defense in CFB.....

We all know he sucked vs Florida but I think that had ALOT more to do with Florida being hungry and playing with a fire rather than Smith just "not" being good enough to beat ANOTHER top team.

Smith beat two #2 ranked teams in the country that year?? Including a dominant performance against the #1 ranked defense in CFB.....

We all know he sucked vs Florida but I think that had ALOT more to do with Florida being hungry and playing with a fire rather than Smith just "not" being good enough to beat ANOTHER top team.

:chuckle:

Well, this is a bit late (over a month) ... but, what I meant about contenders wasn't teams, but players vying for the hardware.

Back
Top Bottom