Did Val Pinchbeck Jr. hate the Dolphins? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did Val Pinchbeck Jr. hate the Dolphins?

inFINSible

Don't believe everything you think.
Reaction score
The person in charge of the NFL schedule-making, Val Pinchbeck Jr., 73, died March 6 outside the NFL offices in Manhattan and, while much of the preliminary work had already been done, his successors were scrambling to make a schedule that fit using the formula already in place.

I don't mean any direspect but, could this have had anything to do with the most favorable schedule since 1970??

Originally posted by inFINSible
The person in charge of the NFL schedule-making, Val Pinchbeck Jr., 73, died March 6 outside the NFL offices in Manhattan and, while much of the preliminary work had already been done, his successors were scrambling to make a schedule that fit using the formula already in place.

I don't mean any direspect but, could this have had anything to do with the most favorable schedule since 1970??

:lol:

Hmm.. Maybe he was a Patriots fan..

In 1966, Pinchbeck became Director of Special Events for the then American Football League under new Commissioner Al Davis. The following year he moved to the Denver Broncos as Director of Public Relations. In 1970, he returned to New York as Assistant to the President of the American Football Conference of the National Football League under Commissioner Pete Rozelle. In that position, he served as the League's chief administrator and liaison with the AFC teams. He was also the principle administrator of the AFC-NFC Pro Bowl game. In 1978, he switched to the broadcasting area and was named Director of Broadcasting. He was elevated to Vice President of Broadcasting and Productions by Commissioner Paul Tagliabue in 1990.

Pinchbeck has also been one of the people responsible for the construction of the NFL playing schedule each year.

Very interesting inFINSible. I had no idea, but it is a very good point. I'd hate to be associated with the NFL if this is true. Thats a very poor way to run a business. Good work detective......:migs:

Maybe the cab driver was a Dolphins fan??.....link

Damn tough way to go....:(

I think he was a Native New Yorker.......

That Cab Driver hooked us up.

Sorry to be cold....but....he kinda did.......

wow very interesting indeed, damn, howd you come up on this one?? Nice find.

Pinchbeck was a key in all that became what it has become, with the NFLâ€â€the Buccaneeers, the Super Bowls, the Pro Bowl, the NFL meetings here, the works. No, Val was certainly not the only one up there at 410 Park Avenue that figured big in all that. Rozelle did and Tagliabue has, the present commissioner in the last two Super Bowls, the change in Buc ownership, and whatever is ahead. Figuring importantly also were the late Don Weiss, the late Jim Kensil, Heffernan, Joe Browne, Dick Maxwell and Jan Van Duser, of the strong Tampa connections.

Hmmm....could he have been so intent at securing a Florida market share for the Bucs....which he would have to take away from the Dolphins...that he subtly skrewed the Miami teams over the decades????

Originally posted by inFINSible

Well, there is a system they use, but the dates are not. Playing four straight years in NE late in December tells me he may have hated on Miami a little.

Good work Detective Infinsible!!!

Yeah, there was dis dame, see....she showed up at my door at the same time that trouble blew into town....I could tell she was bad news the moment I laid eyes on her....No broad could look that good with out leaving a trail of broken men behind her......I knew I better keep my distance but it was getting hard already, I knew it wouldn't be long until she had me eating out of the palm of her hand..... I couldn't wait for desert......

You think we had it rough? Green Bay played AT Dallas something like 9 straight times. The Cheeseheads were ready to revolt about that one.

Coming soon, "The Return of Mickey Spillane", by InFINS...

Back
Top Bottom