Did we sign Feely because of Ron Wolf? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did we sign Feely because of Ron Wolf?

dolfan4good

Section 451 Row 10 Seats 14-15
Reaction score
According to Fox Sports, Ron Wolf did not like the Garcia signing and, in addition to Policy leaving, decided to resign his post with the Browns. I can't help but think that he may have steered the Dolphins into picking up Feeley after loosing out on Brunell. He definietly has had some very good insight on QB's. How much influence, if any, do you think Wolf may have had on the decision to pick up Feeley?

Link:
http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=2316776

I think he got Miami looking at Feeley...maybe tipped off Spielman on some of the things to look for in that complex system of comparison he made to evaluate guys out there.

When Ron Wolf speaks about QBs, you gotta listen. Wolf did have the Browns making a late push for Feeley which prompted us to ante up the 2nd rounder...according to one source I read.

If I were Wayne Huizenga I would give Wolf like $50,000 just to sit in on the draft process with Miami and give a little insight...not force recommendations, just give his thoughts.

If that's true CK, then I would feel much better about the Feeley acquisition. Of course, I won't be totaly happy with it until he performs on the field.

Spielman has said Feeley was on the board for the Fins when he came out of COLLEGE, so he's been on the radar since before our dalliance with Wolf.

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom
Spielman has said Feeley was on the board for the Fins when he came out of COLLEGE, so he's been on the radar since before our dalliance with Wolf.

I'm sure he has been on the board for every team in the NFL. All the teams constantly scout other players and teams and prospects.

The real question is what moved Feeley from on the board to target.

Maybe that was Wolfe. I don't care so much, but I hope who ever decided to make him our QB of the future is right.

I'm sure he has been on the board for every team in the NFL. All the teams constantly scout other players and teams and prospects.

The real question is what moved Feeley from on the board to target.

Maybe that was Wolfe. I don't care so much, but I hope who ever decided to make him our QB of the future is right.

Said it for me. All that means is they knew who he was, and they probably considered getting him after 2002 when Feeley first made that remarkable impact on the Eagles' season. I think when Ron Wolf said that Feeley is a guy he has liked ever since college (he tried to get the Packers to draft Feeley, the Eagles caught wind and drafted him a round higher than the Packers were going to get him...most media services had Feeley as a 7th rounder or undrafted) and the Dolphins looked more closely at what he did for the Eagles and think to themselves wait this is a guy that Wolf liked since college, he's got a great track record with QBs, and when Feeley got his shot he really ran with it...saved the Eagles' season and went 4-1 as starter, with a 5th win he doesn't get credit for even though I believe it was him throwing the winning Touchdown not Koy Detmer.

I'm glad we didn't get him until now rather than last year. I'm glad nobody does. A good QB sittin on the bench to start out his career is like a good stew...don't be tempted to take it off the burner too early just cause you're hungry. The 2003 season helped make Feeley the high character guy he is, and probably helped him become a better pro. Heck, a season on the bench did wonders for Drew Bledsoe and I remember saying before he was traded to the Bills that whoEVER gets Drew is going to be super duper happy with him right away because this is a high talent guy who sitting on the bench for a year got a brand new perspective on everything, and found his passion for the game again.

I think he agreed with it. I think Speilman liked him and then floated it by Wolfe who blessed it.

Jason Cole fielded this in his questions forum. He said Wolf had very little to do with targeting Feeley

The Same Jason Cole who has T. Wharton & Nat Dorsey higher than Justin Smiley...he's not draft expert so im taking everything he says with a grain of salt.

There's nothing in print regarding Wolfe's input, if any, concerning the Phins. There was speculation that since, it was *rumored* that Cleveland was also interested in Feeley, that Wolfe may have given a tip to the Phins.

That's all anyone who wasn't inside the Wolfe interview prrocess can say. No one knows.

CK you make some good points, and I do remember reading that Andy Reid jumped on Feeley after comments made by Wolf. That was on the official Packers web site after the draft that year....(I grew up in Philly and they are my 2nd team, so I try to follow them a little). Couple this with the reports that Reid was going to tender him with the higher offer, and this makes me feel even better about Feeley, and I was upset the Fins didn't go after him last offseason....

I guess I am ignorant on this subject since I don't manage a pro football team but why would we take orders from an employee of another team? Why wouldn't the Brown want to give us misinformation? Isn't that like Patton taking tips from Rommel? :confused:

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I think he got Miami looking at Feeley...maybe tipped off Spielman on some of the things to look for in that complex system of comparison he made to evaluate guys out there.

When Ron Wolf speaks about QBs, you gotta listen. Wolf did have the Browns making a late push for Feeley which prompted us to ante up the 2nd rounder...according to one source I read.

If I were Wayne Huizenga I would give Wolf like $50,000 just to sit in on the draft process with Miami and give a little insight...not force recommendations, just give his thoughts.

I'll do it for FREE !! plus "expenses, of course !! :lol: :lol:

:goof:

Back
Top Bottom