Did we sign Feely because of Ron Wolf? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did we sign Feely because of Ron Wolf?

Originally posted by baccarat
I guess I am ignorant on this subject since I don't manage a pro football team but why would we take orders from an employee of another team? Why wouldn't the Brown want to give us misinformation? Isn't that like Patton taking tips from Rommel? :confused:

Here is the background that explains what the discussion in this thread is about.

Wolfe was interviewed for GM position in Miami before he went to Cleveland. Eddie Jones, Wayne (maybe Wanny, maybe Rick), spoke with him during the interviews. He declined the GM position. Then they talked to him about being a consultant. He made some comments to the press or to Wayne or Eddie Jones which were published which were to the effect of "you need to draft a QB every year". So it is known that he at least mentioned the word "quarterback", during the interview process, and it is believed he was asked, like every interview candidate, what they would go about doing to improve the team. Wolfe ultimately declines to work as a consultant for Miami.

Okay, Wolfe signs on as consultant with Cleveland. When Rick makes the trade with Philly for Feeley, SOMEWHERE (I can't remember if it came from Rick or Wanny) it was stated that Cleveland had also expressed interest in Feeley.

That's where the speculation came from that Wolfe tipped the Phins on Feeley. I believe the thumbnail sketch I've put forward in this post provides an accurate summary of all the published information available on the matter. It's speculation only as to whether Wolfe said "hey, that Feeley kid looks good". No one knows.

So, Wolf could have been on to something and we beat him or he could have been falsely hyping him up? I just hope we didn't get the wool pulled over our eyes and fooled like Buffalo and Rosanhus/Maghee last year.

Either way, it's interesting to know.

Back
Top Bottom