Did you know? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did you know?

LeftCoastPhin

Getting geeked for 2003!!
Reaction score
That Priest Holmes was Ricky's back up at Texas? What a backfield!! Holmes could get it done in college, it was just that Williams was there. Kind of like when Barry Sanders was Thurman Thomas' back up at OSU, only Barry had his Sr yr to break out. How about them Big 12 backs?

Yeah, and I'll tell you what. As some of you know, I'm a huge Kansas State fan here (parents grew up there, went to school there, passed the tradition to me). I gotta watch their game last weekend against USC on TV (first of year on TV here) and their new running back is Barry Sanders-esque. The guy is Darren Sproles, a sophomore who backed up Josh Scobey last year (drafted by Arizona in 7th round I believe). That guy has moves! Man! Nobody can hit this guy. If it weren't for the speed and skill of USC's defense (they gave up only like 65 total yards to Colorado), this guy could have scored every play. He just makes everyone miss. And he's so small (5'7, I believe Barry was 5'8) and quick that he is impossible to hit. He is also strong for such a small guy. He can pound it up the middle and take on two or three tacklers. I'm sure you will hear of this guy soon, since he's only a freshman. Maybe a 1500 yard season and a Big 12 Title Game appearance for K-State this year and he will start getting possible Heisman considerations next year. This guy is the real deal. If K-State is ever on national TV again this year (trust me, I'll let everyone know), you really should try and find time in your day to watch him. You won't be disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom