Different Scenarios | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Different Scenarios

OurHeartAndSoul said:
Stenosis can't be right, I just looked it up on webmd and here are the symptoms...

What Are the Symptoms of Stenosis?

Stenosis may result in low back pain as well as pain in the legs. Stenosis may pinch the nerves that control muscle power and sensation in the legs. Additional symptoms may include:

* A foot-slapping gait
* Frequent falling, clumsiness
* Pain and difficulty when walking
* Numbness, tingling, hot or cold feelings in the legs
* Weakness or a heavy and tired feeling in the legs

If he does infact have spinal stenosis, it's amazing he had such a productive college career.

This is from Scouts Inc. about McNeil- Has a medical issue (stenosis of the spine) that could cause long term concern. This medical condition must be cleared by doctors. Has an adjusted workout routine to limit the affects on his spine.

I dont know how bad it is but it doesnt sound good at all.

In people with spinal stenosis, the spine is narrowed. This narrowing puts pressure on the spinal cord and nerves and can cause pain. Its most common in men and women over 50 years old. Younger people who were born with a narrow spinal canal or who hurt their spines may also get spinal stenosis.

Last year I had a back operation to help with my stenosis as well as a few herniated discs. They basically went in fixed the problem discs and helped open my spinal canal by chipping away some of the bone growth to allow more space for the nerves. Its really not all that uncommon in people..

ok...just wasnt sure. Whenever I hear about spine injuries it reminds me of Gardner and brings back bad memories.

motioncityhifi said:
ok...just wasnt sure. Whenever I hear about spine injuries it reminds me of Gardner and brings back bad memories.

everyone of course varies in their own case, however after my operation im perfectly fine, I get stiffness once in awhile and of course can't lift as much as I used to, but overall im ok...

well thats good to hear, glad your doing good...just wonder how it affects 330pd OTs

motioncityhifi said:
well thats good to hear, glad your doing good...just wonder how it affects 330pd OTs

Lee Suggs the often injured Cleveland back also suffers from stenosis...seems to bother him more than some...but yeah carrying around as much weight as McNeil it has to be a concern...

Back
Top Bottom