dirty cash / ckparrot MIA? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

dirty cash / ckparrot MIA?

finman006

4th qtr. clutch
Reaction score
we havent been dropped with knowledge in quite a while...where r the gurus CKPARROT and DIRTY CASH we need some education here where r our leaders?

In college, partying my @ss off. Without a computer I don't get to pop in as often as I would like.

You're missed. Can't you come up with a girlfriend with a computer? Do I have to come up there and pick up chicks for you? C'mon we need our CKisms especially during these tough times. I hope you're having fun at least. I went to college in Tampa and had an awesome time.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
In college, partying my @ss off. Without a computer I don't get to pop in as often as I would like.

Alright, CK... we get the hint.

I'm starting the "New Laptop for CK Fund" right here and now. I've got $6.35 Who'll match that? Let's go, gang!

We need your stuff, dude! :)

By the way, Mr. Economics Major... NYCPhan and I were kicking around what an economic model would look like if the goal was to maximize profit while filling the stadium fkajr. You'd have to consider how much local TV would be willing to spend for how many tickets to get their advertising revenues enhanced... and then you'd move price along the demand curve to get the seats all filled... and you'd have to consider elasticity of demand by various sectors of your market audience.

One key question: aren't fixed costs pretty well amortized across some rather low percentage of seats sold... with the marginal cost of each additional seat beyond that being VERY low... such that leaving ANY seats unsold pretty much means you've left near-pure profit out on the streets?

It got interesting in a hurry just kicking it around. What would Pareto say?

LoL. Appreciate the sentiment guys. I'm running a little late with my week's update for ASKTHECOMMISH. I'm in the middle of writing it right now. It just seems like when I don't come to FH as much, I'm not sharp enough to write a good report.

Phan4ever as for your economics model, it sounds like a real complicated problem you are talking about there but really it is not. Your observations I would consider to be largely correct in fact. Yes, leaving those last few seats unsold is like missing out on pure profit. But thats not really that big a deal. Miami's situation is very much a constant struggle because from all signs the elasticity of their market demand is pretty damn elastic when it comes to prices, and yet in comparison to the importance of their public relations and player to fan relations...nearly inconsequential. I suspect this is why Miami puts so much effort into the front office, and spends so much money on making the team extremely good every year. The minute the Miami Dolphins field a bad team with not much to be excited about, all the sudden you would see stadium attendance figures drop to ultra low levels.

Originally posted by Phan4Ever

Alright, CK... we get the hint.

I'm starting the "New Laptop for CK Fund" right here and now. I've got $6.35 Who'll match that? Let's go, gang!

We need your stuff, dude! :)

By the way, Mr. Economics Major... NYCPhan and I were kicking around what an economic model would look like if the goal was to maximize profit while filling the stadium fkajr. You'd have to consider how much local TV would be willing to spend for how many tickets to get their advertising revenues enhanced... and then you'd move price along the demand curve to get the seats all filled... and you'd have to consider elasticity of demand by various sectors of your market audience.

One key question: aren't fixed costs pretty well amortized across some rather low percentage of seats sold... with the marginal cost of each additional seat beyond that being VERY low... such that leaving ANY seats unsold pretty much means you've left near-pure profit out on the streets?

It got interesting in a hurry just kicking it around. What would Pareto say?

Hey Phin4, can I borrow 6.35 so I can donate to the cause?

I'll kick $6.27 (62-7 get it) :foundout:

Wouldn't it be nice if all NFL teams had an inelastic demand for tickets like say the Packers or Jets or Broncos ;)

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
I'll kick $6.27 (62-7 get it) :foundout:

Wouldn't it be nice if all NFL teams had an inelastic demand for tickets like say the Packers or Jets or Broncos ;)

That was corny as hell....

Back
Top Bottom