Disappointed with Ricky????? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Disappointed with Ricky?????

inFINS wasn't trying to say he is not happy with Ricky, he was trying to find out if we thought we were getting more when we signed him.

His style is his style inFINS, I doubt you could change it now.

Thanks, 87. Exactly like you said, just wanting some other opinions. They can agree or disagree, doesn't bother me. :rolleyes:

Re: NICE THREAD!!!!

Originally posted by Denny
I am also dissapointed that Brett Farve doesnt scramble well like he used to, I dont think Marshal Faulk runs well through the tackles, I dont think P. Holmes has that breakaway speed, I am very disappointed that Torry HOLT is not very physical, I am dissapointed Ray LEWIS doesnt drive into his tackles hard enough and I am disspointed that JIMMY SMITH does catch the ball out from his chest, BUT MOST OF ALL i am disappointed in the topic of this thread. WHAT A JOKE. THe man is on pace for 1700 yards rushing and 500 yards recieving and your talking about BALANCE and little steps. What a country we live in.

I don't get what you're so excited about??!!
If his balance and his short stride was something that he could work on or improve to make him a BETTER back, wouldn't you think that was a good idea?

InFINSible, you are not crazy. I also saw the same thing you did about Rickey getting tripped up a little too easily and I've seen just that on some runs. I wouldn't try to change that because I think that's just Rickey and overall he is making me VERY happy. I agree with those who would like to see some more carries plus some more balls thrown his way. He is great in the flat and it's likely that we'll see more of those types of plays against Green Bay. But as you pointed out those ankle tackles seem in some cases to be the difference between really breaking a long run vs. a run for 5 or 10 yards. If I'm grading him he gets an A and he is on his way towards putting up super numbers this year, I think our #1 next year is toast but that's O.K. with me because our team is going all the way this year and a huge part of that is Rickey.

I am happy about Ricky! I have thought though that he does fall alot and gets tripped up in the line sometimes, and also I miss and i really miss someone who can break the big 1! Its been a while for us since weve had a guy like that. But wait RW had a 53 yarder...BUT he hasnt had more than maybe 25 yards since on his longest run and thats what I miss. Miami likes to run we should have gone out to get a REALLY FAST rb like Michael Vick lol j/p. But Ricky is doing great! I just hopes he has 3 more runs that are 30+ yards. ALRIGHT MIAMI!!!

This whole thing about being tripped up is smoke.

Think about it. How many RB's do 90% of their runs up the gut? He's got to run through the DT's and then make it through the LB's and then hope the safety doesn't trip him up? LMAO. The fact Ricky is consistently getting those 10-12 yard runs up the middle is excellent.

I'm wondering if we are missing Mark Dixon though. Ever since he went down we stopped doing the outside runs.

My opinion, for what its worth, is that Lamar Smith is a poor mans' Ricky Williams (ie, very similar RBs but Ricky does pretty much everything better than Smith). Like Ricky, Lamar had some problems being tripped, however, I think it is simply a consequence of their running style. I am more than happy with Ricky, and there has been perhaps only one running back in history who doesn't have at least one aspect of their game that I think could be improved or simply better naturally. I am more than happy with what we have got in RW. I also don't think that we have seen the best of Ricky yet :)

RW consistently gains 1-2 yards after the initial hit. The short steps have as much to do with that than anything. It helps him keep his momentum, and doesn't let the D find a crack in his armour. In a league where that extra yard or 2 means the difference of a hall of fame career and sitting on the bench I probalby wouldn't want him to change to much. If I were to get greedy I might love to see him put on a move or two sometims instead of barrelling over the defender. As far as did we get what we hoped for, no doubt about it! Lets be honest he singlehandedly beet the Jets, is #4 in the NFL in rushing(with alot of pounding left to give), has been almost automatic on the goalline, and most of all has made our horrible o-line look respectable.

Many were talking about his lack of catches this year, but has everyone taken notice of what he has done when they did throw his way? I am 90% sure that he owns our 2 biggest pass plays this season both caught with in a yard or two of the LOS. I am hopeing Norv has seen this too, and will use as a tool to get Lucas some confidence in the Green Bay game. I would have to think that right now you spell him on 3rd downs, but come Dec and Jan he is in on every play.

Well I never thought he was a savior anyway. I always thought that the o-line made the back. The o-line is playing pretty bad right now, there are no holes. Ricky is a great talent, but the talent is wasted if he gets hit the moment he gets the ball.

well, the moment he stops seeing 8-9 man fronts he'll return to form. Even Denver stacked the line like crazy on him.

Like 87 said, inFINs wasn't trying to say that we made a bad trade with Ricky, just pointing out some constructive criticism. When Dixon comes back, maybe we'll have some more sweeps and more positive yardage.

Let's not forget that the passing game is suffering right now, so opponents can shore up against the run more. Without that balance it's difficult to get into a rhythm on offense.

Thanks for the responses guys!

Dajesus, I KNEW you would help, thanks coach.;)

Back
Top Bottom