Disappointed yes, giving up NO | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Disappointed yes, giving up NO

unclemonty

Dolphins, Buckeyes, MMA, and hot chicks
Reaction score
Yes it is very disappointing. We always seem to fall apart late in the season. Think about it though. Two weeks ago we lost to the best team in the NFL on the road in a BLIZZARD. This past week we lost to the second best team, and we were right in it the whole game. We are just missing something so small. We are so close. 1 play makes the difference every game. Philly game, if T-Buck picks off that pass and returns it, I believe we win.
Denver still has two very tough road games left at Indi and at Green Bay. Portis is hurting. It's not time to throw in the towel yet. We need to take care of business, win our two games and get in the freakin playoffs. Chances are we go to Indianapolis week 1. Do you think Peyton Manning wants to face us??? HELL NO!!!! We scare him more than any other team out there. From there who knows?? The Chiefs in the second game. They sure as hell don't scare me at all. Then what if the Bengals make it through and they are our Championship opponents. You can't use Bengals and fear in the same sentence. It could happen. JUST DON'T GIVE UP YET PEOPLE. IT'S THE NFL AND NO ONE KNOWS EXACTLY WHAT WILL HAPPEN EACH WEEK!!!!!

I hate to be repetitive, but it makes absolutely NO difference whether you or I or anyone here gives up. The players have given up, and that's the only thing that matters.

If they have truly given up, then Wanny needs to definitely go. It's the coach's job to motivate and hype up his team no matter what the circumstances. there is no room in the NFL for a bunch of cry-baby quitters. These players are making millions of dollars and need to realize how fortunate they are. I would slap every one of them in the face and tell them to get out there and WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the dolphins have about as much of a chance or making the playoffs as you do scoring with the hootches in your sig.

its only one girl Genious. and the phins can make the playoffs.. they can win there last 2 and denver loose ther elast 2..

Miami @ buff
Miami vs JEts

Den @ Indy
Den @ GB

so we are much still in this.. Remember 2002 we lost 2 and the Browns won there last 2 to make it.. and the browns were 7-7 before wining there last 2 and everyone thought yeah they are out of it no way miami is gonna lose there last 2 they need just 1 more to make it.. well its the same senrio now.. only this time we play the role of the brown... we can do it.. we can do it all night long!

Originally posted by unclemonty
If they have truly given up, then Wanny needs to definitely go. It's the coach's job to motivate and hype up his team no matter what the circumstances. there is no room in the NFL for a bunch of cry-baby quitters. These players are making millions of dollars and need to realize how fortunate they are. I would slap every one of them in the face and tell them to get out there and WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:lol: That's just because you can probably kick their a$$es. I'd be too chicken to mess with the Timbos or Chesters of the team, myself.

I would say almost everyone on these threads are disappointed with this season, I myself am disgusted yet I won't give up the season until it is over. On sunday I will be rooting for the Dolphins hard as always and yes I have made comments saying that the focus is on next year. That comes from the disgust of watching our Phins fold like a cheap card table when we need a win most!

This team should be making plans for the post season, fighting for home field advantage not for the last seed.

You listen to all the pre-season bs and see some aquisitions made and you think to yourself that after last years disaster that these guys are going to play their a$$e$ off and redeme themselves. Only to be looking for help w/ 2 games left until the end of the season. WTF!!

All I would like to see is play like they have a pair these last 2 games, wipe the field with Buffalo & the Jets and keep some sense of dignity. The rest is out of our hands but show some heart with what we do control for a change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oooh that be nice.. Throw in a coach with MMA experiance... QB ****s up take him downa nd put him in an armbar or kimura... Linebacker ****es up go for the rear naked choke..(if you can find his kneck) WR ****s up.. Key Locks or ankle locks.. :D

Originally posted by Mindwarp
oooh that be nice.. Throw in a coach with MMA experiance... QB ****s up take him downa nd put him in an armbar or kimura... Linebacker ****es up go for the rear naked choke..(if you can find his kneck) WR ****s up.. Key Locks or ankle locks.. :D

what?????????????
:confused: :huh: :dunno: :googly:

Originally posted by unclemonty
Two weeks ago we lost to the best team in the NFL on the road in a BLIZZARD. This past week we lost to the second best team, and we were right in it the whole game.

"we lost to the best team" I could never understand that about fans. They use that to justify a loss.

My question is, why aren't you the best team? I am speaking from a fans perspective regardless of team. Bills fans (every fan base) say that as well. If we lose, then we lose. No sense in saying we lost to the best team. If you are not the best then there is a problem.

If you lose to the best team , that means your goals of being the best has not been achieved.

Re: Re: Disappointed yes, giving up NO

Originally posted by justafan

"we lost to the best team" I could never understand that about fans. They use that to justify a loss.

My question is, why aren't you the best team? I am speaking from a fans perspective regardless of team. Bills fans (every fan base) say that as well. If we lose, then we lose. No sense in saying we lost to the best team. If you are not the best then there is a problem.

If you lose to the best team , that means your goals of being the best has not been achieved.

I am going by ESPN Power Rankings here. New England and Philly are ranked one and two. There is at least some consolation losing to teams on ten game winning streaks as opposed to losing to teams on ten game losing streaks. Yes, coming into this year I thought we might be the best, but something is missing.

I understand!!

eye gauging is all good. Spikes got it the last time we played the fins :mad:

Originally posted by T-Bone

what?????????????
:confused: :huh: :dunno: :googly:

They are all submission holds used in UFC, Pride, and other mixed-martial art events.

Back
Top Bottom