Discuss the game. Not Bad! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Discuss the game. Not Bad!

NCDolphan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I was overall impressed with the play of our offense. Granted we ran nowhere, but remember neither did anyone else. Jax was 2nd in the NFL in run D. Big ups to Konrad, he can be a difference maker. Feidler sounded solid, and I can't wait to see BUUUUAAA's big defensive knockdown, as well as Bellamy's catch. (X Wolverine). D. Bowens looking solid, and Poole in on some early plays. Look forward to a 2 tight end set a lot next year. you here it first right here...........Sammy Morris will lead the team in rushing with 939 yards next year. Minor will still get about 129 carries for 441 yards. Big play men is Konrad and McMicheal ;)

The good thing is that I noticed different formations. Hallelujia! We ran Minor into the pack 6 times for no gain and we did something different.

Fiedler gets more reps than Feeley, and Sage put in a little early? I want to see more Feeley. Feeley makes Ron Bellamy and Sam Simmons look like Duper and Clayton.

From the little I saw on "No Huddle" (NFL Channel) I thought we looked pretty good...especially given the adversity we've faced.

Maybe I'm imagining things but there seems too be more intensity on the entire team. Is alot more fun too watch, last year was pretty predictable with Ricky. Other than the run blocking we look pretty good at this early stage. Some nice looking rookies. :D

Well... my New York self was not able to watch the game, but i have been watching the olympics.

I cant wait to see the highlights on SC tonight!!

I have to wait till tomorrow to see the game...

Boy ESPN News really made Miami sound like a charity case. I bet they think Jacksonville and Dallas are going to br good though. I love how for Miami the team that won and scored 16 points ESPN showed mostly lowlights. The Fred Taylor run, AJ's INT, Minor getting stuffed and the one great catch by Bellamy. Yet Dallas who lost and didn't even score a freakin point gets 3 nice passes by Vinny and a nice pass by Henson and only one bad INT by Henson. Even the poor Texans who won the game got one good highlight. Think ESPN is biased????

Overall I was very pleased besides the injurys. The Defense played well despite missing so many starters. The run game needs to be addressed. I feel Morris ran better than Minor. Russell has some speed and explosion through the hole (If only he was a little bigger) I really like what I saw from him. I don't know if you guys saw the injury to Roundtree but I would think he is out for the season. I haven't seen a broken leg like that since Thiesman. IT WAS NASTY. Have Tivo and recorded the game and rewound the tape and he was laying on his right side both of his legs together and his knees were straight beside each other and his left foot was pointing towards the sky made me sick to my stomach. I really liked what I saw offensively (play calling wise). I was exited to see Konrad get some attention and he could be a big part of the offense this year. I thought the Oline Blocked well in pass protection but they need some work on the run blocking. I like the way Forester mixed it up and I seen some plays that I didn't see last year as well as some different formations that was very encouraging. Mare was solid other than the 1 missed. The Dline played outstanding even the back ups to me we are very deep at dline. Pope really impressed me. He was very good against the run and he is a hitter. Bua played okay I would have liked to see a little more from him. The play he broke up on the right sideline was a great play. Poole had some nice tackles while in there and was good in coverage. I am excited I know this is the first preseason game but considering the players that did not play I am very excited about this year.

It's so funny to hear everyone say that the run blocking has to pick up, when all TC we've heard the exact opposite. I thought they were better run blockers than pass blockers. Interesting.

Now that I have NFL Network I don't think I'll ever watch highlights on ESPN. What a bunch of dix....

It sucks that I have to pay for NFL Sunday Ticket and they can't give us preseason. I also have to wait until tomorrow night to see the game. However, from what I heard, we did pretty well. Allowing only 5 points (and since it is 5 that means 2 are from a safety so all our defense gave up was a field goal) sounds good to me and having Russell get an 88 yard run isn't bad either.

Back
Top Bottom