Division for the taking. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Division for the taking.

I hated all of those 3-1 after the bye thread comments we had, but last night was a game that gives us added belief that we might be the team to beat. Let's do our job and finish what will be a long road ahead. And just for this rare moment, enjoy the hell out of the patriots "power ranking" slide......

This is really Philbin and Tannehill's chance to prove that we are in the right direction by taking advantage of this.

The Jets are weak. It's about to be Michael Vick time. If a QB change cannot get them moving forward, Ryan may be on his way out. He's had 2 shots at drafting a franchise QB and hasn't done anything in recent years.

The Bills are imploding with talent everywhere except the QB. If Orton can stabilize the position, the Bills will post 9 or 10 wins. If he can't, Buffalo may be looking to rebuild next year.

The Patriots do look vulnerable. Brady has definitely entered his "serviceable" years. And at times appears he may not age gracefully. They've failed to draft well and restock the cupboard. But they still have a living legend on the sideline. And as long as he is wearing that hoodie, they will be fighting for the division.

There has never been a better moment for Philbin to win the division. If he can't do it now, he never will.

I believe the stars have aligned for us to either win the division OR give us undeniable proof that this regime and this collection of players can or cannot get the job done. If we fail to get into the playoffs with all of this disarray in our division, this regime is toast.

This is really Philbin and Tannehill's chance to prove that we are in the right direction by taking advantage of this.

The Jets are weak. It's about to be Michael Vick time. If a QB change cannot get them moving forward, Ryan may be on his way out. He's had 2 shots at drafting a franchise QB and hasn't done anything in recent years.

The Bills are imploding with talent everywhere except the QB. If Orton can stabilize the position, the Bills will post 9 or 10 wins. If he can't, Buffalo may be looking to rebuild next year.

The Patriots do look vulnerable. Brady has definitely entered his "serviceable" years. And at times appears he may not age gracefully. They've failed to draft well and restock the cupboard. But they still have a living legend on the sideline. And as long as he is wearing that hoodie, they will be fighting for the division. Let's face it; if talent is equal, Bellichick will win most of the matchups. He's simply the better coach in nearly every game. Talent is all that separates him at this point.

There has never been a better moment for Philbin to win the division. If he can't do it now, he never will.

I believe the stars have aligned for us to either win the division OR give us undeniable proof that this regime and this collection of players can or cannot get the job done. If we fail to get into the playoffs with all of this disarray in our division, this regime is toast.

I want to believe but they have let us down so many times. I'm hoping this time is different but I need to see it

We need a "Kraft" cam.
Every time the patriots make a good play or touchdown, they pan the camera up to "Kraft's" box to show their jubilation.
They should have a video camera always running so we can see them now. See them cry!

If I remember right, last year, the Dolphins did not handle coming off a bye or extra time off after a Thursday night game. Lost both games. I hope they do better this year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agreed.
In all honestly, Philbin with another year of Hickey and Lazor could probably do much better, but this season right here and now is an ultimate test of mettle for the HC position. A young and struggling team going to the playoffs in a weak division needs a very, very strong HC. If he can prove his worth, he should get that extra year. If he can't make the team any better than their 2-2, 0.500, "mediocre" label, then he's just not a HC worth keeping around.

All 4 teams in the AFC East are dealing with uncertainty and drama. The winner of the division will be the team that can focus, plow through the drama, and play good football.

Sometimes a change of scenario can do wonders for problems.

Playing in a capacity stadium without the pressures of American fans and American expectations, I'm sure we were able to focus a lot more during the Raiders game than usual. It's a lot easier to play when you know fans aren't insulting your humanity every time you make a bad play and return to the sidelines.

I'd like to think the Oakland game was a culmination of growth and learning. Now it's time to see if this team can focus and work within itself while blocking out the world. They don't perform well under pressure. And it's time they ignore the press and the drama. Play football guys, everything else takes care of itself.

Back
Top Bottom