Division Rankings | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Division Rankings

WharfRat

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Here's an interesting breakdown of the divisions... from toughest to weakest, based on team records as of this week:

NFC South 32-19-1 (.625)
AFC West 31-21 (.596)
AFC East 29-23 (.558)
NFC East 27-25 (.519)
AFC South 25-27 (.481)
NFC West 23-29 (.442)
AFC North 21-30-1 (.413)
NFC North 19-33 (.365)

That's cool, but no big surprises though...

The NFC South does have some good teams in it. It shows just how weak the NFC North is. No wonder Green Bay has the record they have.

It shows our AFC East as a competitive division. I would have said the AFC East was tougher than the AFC West, but that shows otherwise.

Originally posted by Sniper

It shows our AFC East as a competitive division. I would have said the AFC East was tougher than the AFC West, but that shows otherwise.

Think about it this way... if the Bills, and dolphins win Sunday... that would possibly allow the AFCE to gain a game or two... as it stands now, it's only a 2 game difference...not a lot when you're talking about an entire conference....

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the places might change this week, with the upsets on Sunday, it will be interesting to see if the AFCE overtook the AFCW. I think the west will still be ahead by a few tenths even if the Pats win tonight. Maybe I'll calculate out this weeks percentages, after tonight's game, and post it up here.

Well the places might change this week, with the upsets on Sunday, it will be interesting to see if the AFCE overtook the AFCW. I think the west will still be ahead by a few tenths even if the Pats win tonight. Maybe I'll calculate out this weeks percentages, after tonight's game, and post it up here.

Cool!

That would save me the trouble of doing it! :lol:

If the Titans finish off NE tonight (looks likely) then we are only a game behine the AFC West due to This week AFC East going 2-2 and West going 1-3

Originally posted by Barbarian
If the Titans finish off NE tonight (looks likely) then we are only a game behine the AFC West due to This week AFC East going 2-2 and West going 1-3

That makes it sound easy... thanks Barbarian!

Originally posted by WharfRat
Here's an interesting breakdown of the divisions... from toughest to weakest, based on team records as of this week:

NFC South 32-19-1 (.625)
AFC West 31-21 (.596)
AFC East 29-23 (.558)
NFC East 27-25 (.519)
AFC South 25-27 (.481)
NFC West 23-29 (.442)
AFC North 21-30-1 (.413)
NFC North 19-33 (.365)

Updated after week 15:

NFC South 33-22-1 (.599)
AFC West 32-24 (.571)
AFC East 31-25 (.553)
NFC East 29-27 (.518)
AFC South 28-28 (.500)
NFC West 25-31 (.446)
AFC North 23-32-1 (.420)
NFC North 22-34 (.393)

NE winning would have tied us with the AFCW.... stupid Pats... :mad: they screwed us with tiebreakers too....

Last edited by a moderator:
How are ties handled? I'm guessing as a half game...

How are ties handled? I'm guessing as a half game...

That's how I've been calculating it.... rounding up. I don't know if there's an "official" way of doing it... I just kind of winged it.... :D

The only ways I can see to do it are either count it as a half game or not count it at all.

The only ways I can see to do it are either count it as a half game or not count it at all.

I think it would work out to about the same anyway.... maybe .001 off or so after rounding... insignificant though.

Back
Top Bottom