Dixon back to guard??? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dixon back to guard???

Ruddy is a top C in the NFL...

Originally posted by phinfan_1
It be nice if Dixon could play center thats were we need an upgrade the most.

Then you haven't been paying attention...

Originally posted by mf52dolphin
Some of these comments about the line seem strange. To my view Todd Perry has been the worst starter among the 22 offensive and defensive starters. Anyway an interesting idea would be to play McKinney in Perry's spot at right guard.
Speaking of McKinney, he would be expected to be the starting center in either his 2nd or 3rd year. The great Dolphin centers of the past, Langer and Stephenson, did not become full-time starting centers until their 3rd year. Ruddy himself took over the starting spot in his 2nd year.

You know those 2 meaningless TD's in Denver?

... you had all better understand how wrong you are when you say Perry has been playing poorly. Again he has been our BEST OL thus far.

Those 2 TD's alone in Denver makes this a solid opinion. Perry single handely opened up truck size holes for RW's for those TD's. Mind you inspite not having any help from Wade.

I won't even talk about the LONG TD in the NY game. Why pile on?

Sorry Muck I pressed the "QUOTE" on the wrong post. That reply wasn't meant for you.

Oliver...

Originally posted by Muck
You mean you're actually going to sit there and tell me that Todd Wade and has outperformed Perry?? Seriously.

I watch our games a lot during the week. Not just on gameday. And I've seen every one of our lineman beaten. It happens. I think you've got the Denver game on your mind. I know the exact plays you're thinking about.

You want to talk about somebody getting pushed back......watch Todd Wade. You know Jay's Fiedler's broken thumb?? You can thank Todd Wade for that. I think Jay had nightmares about Todd Wade's backside. Lord knows he's seen enough of it when he drops back to throw. He looks like 325 lbs of chewing gum out there sometimes.

I'm sorry, but you've got Perry all wrong. I guess we'll see some good stuff tomorrow night. Perry will be facing Gilbert Brown (if I'm not mistaken). And Wade will probably see KGB on a few plays when he flips to that side.

Ruddy is an under sized C...

... and has horrible hip and knee movement so at times he looks awful, but most of the time the guy plays like an All-Pro. Whens the last time you've seen anyone come up the middle to get a sack on a Dolphins QB?

When Ruddy has to go against the very BEST in the NFL odds are he will lose close to 10% of the time. Which is not a GOOD a thing for any OL-man. But the guy can handle 99% of all the DL-men in the NFL. I'll take him if we can't get one of the very BEST C's in the NFL. He's a solid 2nd tier NFL C.

Oliver...

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
From what I have seen. Perry is getting dragged down by Ruddy/Wade's horrible run play and Wade's lack of pass protection. Wade needs to pick it up or we are going to have to start using the RB's to help cover for him.

If I had to make a wild guess for changes next year I see Ruddy gone being replaced by Seth McKinney. I see Wade sticking but it will be one of those "earn your next contract" years. Hopefully Nails gets resigned. Then we either draft a LT or sign a FA LT somewhere.

Re: Totally disagree...

Originally posted by Oliver
... so far I think Perry has had the best year of all our OL, I repeat so far. RW's get's most of his big plays and total yards from the right side of the OL, not the left side.

Sometimes ppl need to use their own eyes and stop going by what TV guys, and newspaper guys have to say. I have news for all of U, they don't have the time and in most cases if they did they wouldn't even know what they are looking for to give an educated opinion about OL play.

My next BEST OL would be a tie between Ruddy and Nails. One of the BIGGEST disapointments has been Wade. He has played solid, but he's too damn TALENTED to be playing just solid. If it wasn't for Perry I would have to drop Wade's performance to just AVG.

Also I think Nails is 2 times better at LG than Dixon ever was, mainly because Nails has Dixon playing next to him. We need to leave Dixon right where he's at, and hope he can stay healthy. If not we go with Spriggs, he's been solid. He had a few break down on pass protection but has looked real mean on rush blocking. Not as GOOD as Dixon, but Dixon is our BEST rush blocking LT in prob 17-years.

I think your over all assessment of our OL is way off. No offense.

Oliver...

I think most of you guys are getting caught up in the name game. Oliver is correct. Ricky has accumulated most of his yards running behind the RIGHT side of the line this year. There was even a post dissecting this subject a few weeks back (Look at the game-logs at NFL.com and see where Ricky is gaining his yards). Yes Dixon and Nails get more recognition in the press, but they havent necesarrily outplayed Wade and Perry. Truth is, Ruddy, Nails and Perry ALL deserve credit for allowing Ricky to run strong in between the tackles this year. But this should be clear to everyone - Ricky has been very effective running inside this year.

I dont really see how this thread is relevant, given that our OL has been one of our real bright spots. By and large, Jay has had time to throw this year (think back to the Pats game, when Fiedler had time to look at 3 or 4 different receivers before running/throwing for a TD). And we all know that Ricky has been terriffic - 98 yards in 5 of 7 games (and he had huge holes against the Chiefs, he just didnt get enough touches). To pin blame on any one member of the OL is a bit ridiculous.

What are we talking about again? :D

See, I KNEW Oliver would show up in this thread sooner or later. :)

Good post Surf. But we were talking about Anna Kournikova. :)

Re: You know those 2 meaningless TD's in Denver?

Originally posted by Oliver
... you had all better understand how wrong you are when you say Perry has been playing poorly. Again he has been our BEST OL thus far.

Those 2 TD's alone in Denver makes this a solid opinion. Perry single handely opened up truck size holes for RW's for those TD's. Mind you inspite not having any help from Wade.

I won't even talk about the LONG TD in the NY game. Why pile on?

Sorry Muck I pressed the "QUOTE" on the wrong post. That reply wasn't meant for you.

Oliver...

Oliver, I don't know what you've been watching but it hasn't been Perry.

Originally posted by Muck
See, I KNEW Oliver would show up in this thread sooner or later. :)

Good post Surf. But we were talking about Anna Kournikova. :)

woohoo! :hail:

Back
Top Bottom