Dixon Info | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dixon Info

Cranx

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I just thought I'd pass this along as I haven't read this anywhere else. While listening to the radio last night out here in SoCal, our local sports hack Lee "Hacksaw" Hamilton reported that once the doctors got into Dixon's ankle and started the surgery they not only discovered the one bone chip they were worried about but also discovered three others as well as a partial dislocation and a small fracture on the weight bearing bone (I don't know the name of the bone and he didn't report it) in that same ankle.

As reported, the surgery went much longer than expected and the additional injuries are expected to be season ending if not career ending.

Again, I have not read this anywhere else and this was reported by "Hacksaw" who tends to overinflate some of his stories but he generally has pretty good information when it comes to injuries.

Whoaaaa! If it is true about the career and season ending thing, this could be very bad news.

Don't say this. I'm going to be optimissic until I get an official report.

This is what was reported originally that they found more and that is why he is out for the preseason and the Houston game. Otherwise he wouldn't have been gone very long with just a clean out.

He's quite a bit off base.

Dixon was "questionable" half of last year with that ankle.

I'm surprised they didn't find Jimmy Hoffa in there.

So far everything printed today is saying the Dix may be ready for the opener. I'm concerned about Surtain. Why is it going to take him 4 weeks or more to recover from a scope??? Tim Bowens has had a scope in the Dolphins bye week and played in the enxt game and he wieghs over 300 pounds. Unless Surtains injury in more serious then there telling us he should be running by the third week on August I would think.

a rookie covering Fiedler's blindside(remember he has an ailing back right now) does not bode well for you guys.....this question has probably been asked a million times, but are there any OT's out there?

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
a rookie covering Fiedler's blindside(remember he has an ailing back right now) does not bode well for you guys.....this question has probably been asked a million times, but are there any OT's out there?

I think their looking right now, but properly looking for someone already in shape, which means they're checking the wire for release OT's and surprise cuts.

from the Sun Sentinal.....
• Six players, including starters Patrick Surtain, fullback Rob Konrad and left tackle Mark Dixon, are expected to miss the rest of the preseason because of injuries. Dixon, recovering from surgery to remove bone spurs and stabilize a stress fracture to his right ankle, might miss the season opener

Originally posted by inFINSible
from the Sun Sentinal.....

I think we can get by the opener without these guys, but the 2nd game is against the Jets, we'll need them back.

agreed, although if W.Smith or any of the other replacements actually play well, we could be in even better shape as far as depth is conserned by the second game. Not only should we be getting our starters back but, we could also have some great back-ups (with starting experience) waiting in the wings should the starters go down again.
I think in the end that these injuries are going to make us a stronger team for the long run.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

I think we can get by the opener without these guys, but the 2nd game is against the Jets, we'll need them back.

You guys play at Jets at the perfect time of year....should be a win, even though it's their home opener....The Jet D-Line could be very good, but they are either inexperienced(Robertson) or fat and useless(McGlockton)....you don't have to worry about Cheech Evans either..he might be gone for the year....the only real threat on their line as of now is Abraham, maybe Robertson later on...

If wade smith starts that game, does he go up against Abe?

Originally posted by CirclingWagons

Richmond Webb did it for Marino as a rookie and Matt Lyght did it for Brady in their Super Bowl year. Back spasms are hardly an ailing back. It's not like there isn't goig to be anybody out there at all.

Back
Top Bottom