Dixon not expected to play in Week 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dixon not expected to play in Week 3

Gonk

Active Roster
Reaction score
Dolphins | Dixon Sits
Fri, 19 Sep 2003 18:56:13 -0700

Miami Dolphins OT Mark Dixon (ankle) didn't practice Friday, Sept. 19. He's not expected to play in Week 3.

...man, Dixon sure is taking a lot longer to heal up than we all though, huh?

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't he projected to come back week 5?

actually wade simth did exceptionally well against the jets, but obviously we need dixon back., wade smith is alittle to undersized but he has done pretty well for a rookie. and he will only progress...

I'm actually hoping that Dixon gets put in at another spot like replacing Wade if he doesn't get better. Even if he replaces no one it will be nice to have him back just for the depth.

Tell you the truth I'd much rather have Smith pass blocking.
But with Dixon in there it should help our running game. Problem is he hasn't played for a while.

Wade Smith will only get better so we should not change his position or bench him. Dixon should be put in at one of the G spots or atleast split time with Nails. McKinney should gain the majority of the snaps at C.

Originally posted by Gonk
Dolphins | Dixon Sits
Fri, 19 Sep 2003 18:56:13 -0700

Miami Dolphins OT Mark Dixon (ankle) didn't practice Friday, Sept. 19. He's not expected to play in Week 3.

...man, Dixon sure is taking a lot longer to heal up than we all though, huh?

This is your head coach speaking!! ( ;) ) This is a blessing in disguise since Wade Smith has performed rather remarkably for a ROOOOOOOOOOOOKIE LT so far. This is not to mean that won't won't trip a little along the way, but since his play has been a pleasant surprise, it only means that we don't have to rush/push Dixon along that much. Dixon will be the much needed depth with experience come playoff time. That's assuming we'll be there! :)

We still can't run left. I'd like to be able to run left. So whatever it takes, lets run left (and more effectively overall).

Originally posted by Muck
We still can't run left. I'd like to be able to run left. So whatever it takes, lets run left (and more effectively overall).

Muck, we're gonna run left, sooner or later! I wuz a TE, myself, but if I hafta, I'll slide over a spot. But we WILL run left !!! :D

Back
Top Bottom