Dixon's ankle... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dixon's ankle...

Sal Lisitano

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
swelled up again and he's got pain again. just put him on IR...I knew this was going to happen. he's all done. we need to get some depth at LT...b/c we don't have any. R. Webb??? who else is out there? i'm guessing not many that may be worth picking up.

That just says what we already know. What I want to know is where you saw that he was going on Injured Reserve??

the IR was my comment...sorry for the confusion...i'm saying imo, its time the Fins put him on IR...this guy can't practice without having pain and swelling in his ankle...he's okay and ready to play then a day later your hear...he needs surgery, his ankle is in pain, he's not playing this week...blah, blah, blah...i heard this all before. he's done. i know that Dixon is our best O-line when healthy but he NEVER is healthy. The Fins and D.W. need to move on and realize that Dixon will not play a down for us...ever again. we should stop kidding ourselves, put him on IR and get a LT for depth...i've always liked dixon and i'm upset...but his is part of D.W. problem...he knew coming into this season that our o-line was shabby...and he really did not do squat about it...nothing. we got lucky with wade smith but he's gotten worse as the seasons gone on...that's my opinion. d.w. should have known that this was coming. bad judgement...as usual.

GO FINS!!!

Oh ok. lol. :whew: I thought you meant the team had just put him on IR.

What bothers me the most about this situation is that prior to the season beginning, DW and the FO KNEW...

1. Dixon is better suited at guard than tackle and yet no "real" effort was put into signing a bonefide LT. "too expensive" always being the excuse.

2. Once they settled on Dixon at LT, they KNEW the depth was missing. Yet no signing of a veteran was done.

Now, an injury prone Dixon is once again hurt (difficult to predict that one, Yatil says), and we have a rookie trying to not be overwhelmed.

I blame this situation completely on DW. His poor foresight (knowing Dixon is prone to injury and Nails was coming off a very bad injury) has put this OL in dire need. On top of that, he is rotating his center, thus not allowing the rest of the line to gel.

dolfan4good...i agree with you 100%. put him on ir so we have "some" time in signing someone else to add depth.

hey, how about that right side of our OL -

:hail: Wade and Perry

:bravo:

Originally posted by dolfan4good
1. Dixon is better suited at guard than tackle and yet no "real" effort was put into signing a bonefide LT. "too expensive" always being the excuse.

Simply not true.

Dixon was re-signed on or around the first day of free agency. We did not go into free agency hoping he'd be the starter.

The offer to Wayne Gandy was $4.6 million per year. That usually means you're serious. And that seems plenty expensive. The problem was that New Orleans had $14 million in cap room and was able to go into the $5 million range. Pretty steep for a 33 year old.

We also traded for that LT from Atlanta (Michael Thompson) only to have him fail his physical.

Don't believe what was said last week in the Sentinel (I believe). That guy left out a lot of details. Walter Jones was franchised. Orlando Pace was franchised. Luke Petitgout was scheduled to visit, but never wanted to leave NY and re-signed immediately. We then attempted to trade up into the mid-first round and grab T/G Eric Steinbach (who is starting at LG in Cincy). In the end we came away with Wade Smith.

Our efforts were anything but weak. Went after it and it didn't work out. Sh*t happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not even worried about the Left Tackle spot, Smith has done a good job IMO. Everyone else has been terrible though. Todd Wade will be lucky if he gets 2 million in free agency.

When you have a quarterback that no defense respects, it is easy for the offensive line to look bad. Comon I have been the biggest Fiedler supporter over the years but I cannot take him one more time missing a wide open receiver streaking deep. If we can just hit on a couple of these, watch how much more love the offensive line will get!!! Go dolphins!!!!

Back
Top Bottom