Dixons ATTITUDE!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dixons ATTITUDE!!!

badfoot

nonpredictor
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I just listened to the pree conference after the minicamp today

Man do I like what I heard from Dixon! He mentioned being healty .. and how all this talk about left tackle being a need as a personal issue .. although he would like to play guard he told Norv that hes ready to do what it takes to get to the superbowl!!! He is known for being down on himself and said first he has to make the team ...lol but I think he sounded as confident as I have ever heard him... Hope this attitude prevails!!! GO Mark!

I'm glad to hear that - When Dixon is healthy he is very good

I like Dixon's attitude because no matter how well he plays, or the team plays, he always says he could've played better, he feels he always has room to improve and that he can do more.

Everyone on the team knows that this is most likely our last chance to win the SuperBowl so they want to get it done. Hopefully they can.

Mark Dixon is our starting Left Tackle and that is why Miami didn't spend their first pick on an LT.. None of them left could beat out Dixon at LT.. Dixon has always been my favorite lineman because he plays with nastiness that this line lacked before last year started and then thats when Wannstedt added Nails and Searcy to the mix to improve in that area for this past year...I'm excited at what this groupd will be ablle to do for Ricky and Fiedler...

HOORAH:drinker:

This pumps you up....Great to see Dixons attitude is on the up & up....now lets just hope he comes through.

Remember that at this time last year, Dixon was not only going in with the mentality that he's gonna play guard, but he was rehabbing a bad ankle and still waiting for it to heal to the point where he feels his old explosion back.

He didn't recapture that form, so he said anyway, until late in training camp, and even then only sporadically....some days good some days bad.

This year he'll have a full camp working on his technique at LT and most importantly, being healthy.

man, i just hope all the players can survive TC , would be hard to swallow to loose one guy...scary

Not as hard to swallow as last year though man.

I mean think about it. One hand injury to Jay Fiedler lost us the season.
Now? Brian Griese backs him up.

I don't think the OG injury hurt us all that much...

But sitting behind Mark Dixon at LT was Marcus Spriggs, who sucked when he had to play.
Now? Wade Smith...a rookie, but still better than Spriggs.

Sitting behind Zach Thomas was Tommy Hendricks.
Now? A number of options involving moving Junior Seau to a very familiar MLB spot and putting Eddie Moore at WSLB.

Sitting behind Morlon Greenwood and Derrick Rodgers, was Scott Galyon and Twan Russell.
Now, Eddie Moore can back up both positions.

Sitting behind Sam Madison and Patrick Surtain (who both went down at some point) were disappointment Jamar Fletcher and Ray Green.
Now, we still have disappointment Fletcher, but TBuck is here to take over before Fletcher even gets the chance.

Sitting behind Arturo Freeman and Brock Marion, were Shawn Wooden and the Dukes of Hazzard.
Now, Sammy Knight willilikely sign and start, and Freeman can back up both spots.

we have nice depth (assuming Knight and Griese, even w/o Knight) except at WR where we have 3 NFL quality guys...

that is good to know ck, but i could "live" with an injury during the season, i am just scared that someone gets hurt in TC already and we have to use our depth already there

and about wade smith, on one dolphin article herald or somewhere else they wrote that provost and smith would work at right tackle, do you know something about that ?

i give you the link in a second

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Not as hard to swallow as last year though man.

I mean think about it. One hand injury to Jay Fiedler lost us the season.
Now? Brian Griese backs him up.

I don't think the OG injury hurt us all that much...

But sitting behind Mark Dixon at LT was Marcus Spriggs, who sucked when he had to play.
Now? Wade Smith...a rookie, but still better than Spriggs.

Sitting behind Zach Thomas was Tommy Hendricks.
Now? A number of options involving moving Junior Seau to a very familiar MLB spot and putting Eddie Moore at WSLB.

Sitting behind Morlon Greenwood and Derrick Rodgers, was Scott Galyon and Twan Russell.
Now, Eddie Moore can back up both positions.

Sitting behind Sam Madison and Patrick Surtain (who both went down at some point) were disappointment Jamar Fletcher and Ray Green.
Now, we still have disappointment Fletcher, but TBuck is here to take over before Fletcher even gets the chance.

Sitting behind Arturo Freeman and Brock Marion, were Shawn Wooden and the Dukes of Hazzard.
Now, Sammy Knight willilikely sign and start, and Freeman can back up both spots.

ya know, i have to say, jamar fletcher was not a dissapointment last year. he played very very tight with recievers over the middle and had a couple of INT's. he made some plays. he blew the minnesota game but i see that as a Bates screw up. with the game on the line, bates has fletch covering moss. what kind of nimrod does that? fletcher needs some more experience and your not going to get it playing nickel back. he played well last year. i dont care what anyone says. and i tape the games. now if you want to say he is a dissapointment as a #1 pick, well that may be a different story. But Surtain/madison both didnt start to play till there second years. by the third year, they excelled.

I feel comfortable with Dixon at LT. I know he is prone to injuries though and that is what scares me. I am not sure I would feel as comfotable wih a rookie in there. Realistically, if Nails isn't ready and Dixon ges hurt again, we will have some very young players at very important positions. Lets hope it doesn't get that far though...

Back
Top Bottom