DL This Good, Fangio This Good, Or OL And New OL Coach Still Stink? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DL This Good, Fangio This Good, Or OL And New OL Coach Still Stink?

phinsforlife

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Sadly, although choice A and choice B are true, I think it is mostly choice C. Still stunned we didn't do more to help the talent on the OL this offseason, and am still stunned about who we hired as the OL coach. Fangio was such a smart hire. But for the next most important assistant coach position that really matters for the Dolphins this year, given their issues on the OL and risk to Tua, am shocked we couldn't find an OL coach with more pedigree and less stench. The stench on this guy matters too, because if it goes the wrong way, his track record just makes it easier for players to give up on him.

▪ In 11-on-11 drills, the quarterbacks were under constant pressure (with Bradley Chubb, Duke Riley and Christian Wilkins leading the way), and not many passes were attempted downfield. The Dolphins ran a lot of blitzes, and those were largely responsible for the pass rush. Miami defenders had at least 12 sacks. There were no signature highlight plays from the QBs in 11-on-11 team drills, in part because of the relentless pass rush

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article277008103.html#storylink=cpy

Last edited:
Step off the ledge and back away slowly. We are here for you.

I understand there is a concern, but it's still early in the process. We have a long way to go and a lot of player development before we will understand what we have.

Sadly, although choice A and choice B are true, I think it is mostly choice C. Still stunned we didn't do more to help the OL, and am still stunned about who we hired as the OL coach. Fangio was such a smart hire. But for the next most important assistant coach position that really matters for the Dolphins this year, given their issues on the OL and risk to Tua, am shocked we couldn't find an OL coach with more pedigree and less stench. The stench on this guy matters too, because if it goes the wrong way, his track record just makes it easier for players to give up on him.

▪ In 11-on-11 drills, the quarterbacks were under constant pressure (with Bradley Chubb, Duke Riley and Christian Wilkins leading the way), and not many passes were attempted downfield. The Dolphins ran a lot of blitzes, and those were largely responsible for the pass rush. Miami defenders had at least 12 sacks. There were no signature highlight plays from the QBs in 11-on-11 team drills, in part because of the relentless pass rush

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article277008103.html#storylink=cpy

Tv Land Reaction GIF by #Impastor

OL usually loses battles early in training camp. I'd be more concerned if the D wasn't playing well and if Tua was missing wide open WRs.

The new OL coach does stink - but it's too early in camp to quantify just how bad. Let it work itself out over the next few weeks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom