Do not underestimate the Redskins (and some news) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do not underestimate the Redskins (and some news)

Gonk

Active Roster
Reaction score
I think that the Redskins are one of the biggest sleeper teams in the NFL. They've got a great QB (Ramsey), two great WR's (Coles & Gardner), and a talented RB (Candidate). Their O-Line has been struggling though, and Ramsey has been getting crushed. Their defense isn't too shabby either, with a great pair of CB's (Smoot & Bailey), a good LB core.

Now onto the good news, they have a very weak D-line. This couldn't have come at a better time for us with our injuries to Nails and Perry(?). The top sack leader on their D-line has only 1.5 (B. Smith) and have been giving no pressure this entire season.

Ramsey has been getting pummeled all year and has been fighting injuries. If anyone watched the WAS v DAL game a few weeks ago, you'll know what I'm talking about. Even more, reports are saying that Ramsey is having pains in his right foot and struggling during practice.

"Head coach Steve Spurrier said the injury could be a factor in how Ramsey sets up in the pocket and throws the ball."

We need our DE's and CB's to step up big in this game, or they will be throwing all over us. Lets hope Surtain is ready to start or else Gardner and Coles will be getting huge catches... can anyone say, Jamar Fletcher?

Their defense shouldn't be much of a problem. I think we need to give them a healthy dosage of Ricky, who seems to be breaking some more holes as of late. I think we should keep it safe and not try to pass too much on Smoot or Bailey. Those guys are both amazing. Hopefully we can get Ricky 30 touches this week.

Injuries have hurt Washington this year, I mean... just look at their injury report for last game:

Probable LB LaVar Arrington (knee/hand); CB Champ Bailey (wrist/shoulder); S Matt Bowen (concussion); WR Laveranues Coles (toe); RB Bryan Johnson (concussion); DE Bruce Smith (hand/knee); CB Fred Smoot (chest)

Questionable CB Rashad Bauman (ankle); DT Jermaine Haley (hand/shoulder); S Andre Lott (ankle); RB Sultan McCullough (hand); RB Chad Morton (ankle)

Doubtful RB Ladell Betts (arm); C Larry Moore (foot)

This team needs to stop thinking about the playoffs, and just worry about getting to 7-4. If we play this game right, it should not be a tough win. But knowing Wanny, he always has to keep games close :rolleyes:

This is the easiest game left on the schedeule we better win it.

Originally posted by Jaj
This is the easiest game left on the schedeule we better win it.

(Cue Buffalo Bills :tongue: )

I think you're giving Canidate too much credit. I have the guy on my fantasy team and let me tell you something, the guy's done absolutely nothing this year even when given the majority of the carries. In fact, his highest yardage output for a single game was 89 yards and he only has a whopping one- that's right, one!- TD this year. The running game in Wazoo is not a threat right now.

It sure would be nice to see the o-line take advantage of the weakness across the line from them. It would do wonders for the confidence of the young guys to out perform ANY NFL line. Never underestimate the value of confidence. They might be able to use that confidence to get a running game going against Dallas, where they are going to really need it.

Not that any of this matters because this game is going to come down to how we look in our new orange jerseys. ;)

The Skins do have dangerous wideouts, a qb that would look really nice in aqua, and a creative coach. However their offensive line is WORSE THAN OURS! This gives our defense a great chance to do some major damage in this game. We do need a healthy Suratain though.

Trung Candidate might not play a big part now, but if he gets holes and opportunities he can run. I had him on my fantasy team last year and he played pretty darn good when lamar gordon and marshall faulk were out. But, it really doesnt matter how good he is, with our run D he aint going anywhere! *knock on wood* its in the secondaries hands for this game

Originally posted by Snickersbps
Trung Candidate might not play a big part now, but if he gets holes and opportunities he can run. I had him on my fantasy team last year and he played pretty darn good when lamar gordon and marshall faulk were out. But, it really doesnt matter how good he is, with our run D he aint going anywhere! *knock on wood* its in the secondaries hands for this game

Big difference running behind the Rams' O-line and the Redskins' o-line.:D

we cannot forget how Coles has toasted us in the past and that w/o Gamble we gave up a 79 yard KR to ???? and now we face the best KR of 2002 in Morton. It was nice to Dan raided the Jets for us as long as we as good enough to win Sun nite.

I agree looking past the Skins is an automatic L (for loser) move. They are good enough to beat a team that has not (really) scored a TD in its last 2 games

Redskins will get good passing yards on Miami.. All they have to do is look at tape of the Titans, Patriots and Colts game where they all bunched their WR's at the line of scrimmage and took away Miami's ability to jam receivers at the line.. Miami's D-line will need a huge amount of pressure and get some good licks on Ramsey early.. Redskins run game will be dismal as Miami is the best run defense in the NFL allowing 3.07 yards per carry and that will leave alot of chances for MArion, Knight, Madison, Buckley and Surtain (being if he plays) to make big plays

It all starts from upfront.. If Ramsey is given a good amount of time, Coles and Gardner can get seperation like the best of them..

Offensively, I'll be holding my breath every time a pass is thrown against Smoot, Bailey or Arrington.. Run Ricky Run is the way to go here..

Bailey will be on Chambers, Smoot will be on Thompson and Arrington will probably be put on McMichael... Not exactly the matchups you're looking for..

Yeah I'm afraid of the Bailey vs Chambers matchup.

Maybe Thompson will have a big game against his former team but I wouldn't count on that since he has really done anything all year...

We need another WR/TE to step up because Chambers will be shut down.

Originally posted by inFINSible

Big difference running behind the Rams' O-line and the Redskins' o-line.:D

kinda my point, if they had an o-line, Candidate would be a contender....too bad for him, and lucky us:)

this may be a little too risky to say, but run D is something I dont have any worries about. We've shut down the best of them, so my only worries are with you guys...but with Ramsey favoring his foot, it might be an easier game than we all expect *knock on wood again* I tend to jinx myself :D

And you all know what jersey Im gonna be wearing, Ricky Orange baby!!

Bailey gets burnt quite often. Who says Chambers won't go in the slot and burn the Redskins there?

Candidate was the fastest man on the Rams team before they traded him. I don't know if holds that title in Washington. He was mainly traded because he had a problem holding onto the ball.

Ramsey is a nice QB, who has not, (so far) shown that you can rattle him with pressure. Doesn't matter how often he gets hit, he still remains unafraid to take another one. He can be picked becase he loves to try and thread the neetle...

here is the key matchup:

jason taylor against the LT who keeps jumping offsides and getting burnt.

Back
Top Bottom