Do or Die...3 weeks! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do or Die...3 weeks!

phins_4_ever

E12 FH Tailgate Gang
Reaction score
Going 0-3: forget about the playoffs
Going 0-3 in the next 3 games will probably give us an 8-8 record at the end of the year. The team will be hard pressed to get up for the game in Buffalo but may have enough pride to finish the season with a win against the Jets. HC will be gone and a lot of players will be traded. Clean the house time will be on the agenda in the off season.

Going 1-2: still chance (especially if the win comes in NE) but doubtful to make the playoffs
If we lose to NE during that stretch the divison will be gone. An 8-6 record will make it tough to even get into a WC spot at 10-6. We need help from other teams and using the calculator (and all the ifs and whens) will become a daily task trying to figure out on how to make the playoffs.

Going 2-1: a wildcard race is on
Being 9-5 after that stretch we hold all WC possibilities in our own hands. We still be alive in the divison race if one of our victories will come against NE. If we finish the stretch at 9-5 we will win out and finish the season at 11-5.

Going 3-0: Dolfans....hold on to your seats.
We'll be running into the playoffs. Finishing that stretch with a 10-4 record I feel something real special coming up. The december swoon will be gone as we will blow away Bills and Jets. 12-4...3rd seed...

My prediction
We will not go 0-3 neither will we go 1-2. I predict a 2-1 record with the loss coming Thursday. We will still be in the division race and the wildcard will be ours to lose.

Intangibles
The short break is a blessing in the sky IMO. Best way of keeping the team focused and maybe carry the emotional 4th quarter over.

Thoughts on Dallas
Norv has to play more risky on offense. dallas has the #1 defense overall. They are #1 in passing, #2 in rushing and #1 in points allwed. A continous short-short-run up the middle will not be enough. Trick plays and surprise plays (pass on 1st down and 2nd and short) will give us a the "so important" TOP. Jay has to stay away from mistakes. Don't force it. Rather run out of the pocket and throw the ball away or take the sack. I do not expect more than 17 points on offense. Dallas D is awsome.

Our D is ranked 11. But it is more an indicator of our pass D (#22). We are #4 in rushing and #2 in scoring. It will come down to which D creates more turnovers.

My prediction: 14-17 Dallas
My wish: 21-17 - it really will be up to Norv to put us into a winning position. Don't be too scared. let the players lose or win the game

That's a tough 3 games. On the road against Dallas and New England and a Super hot Philly team.

And that's after you struggled to beat terrible Baltimore and Washington at home!

And Baltimore and Washington almost beat you with BUMS at QB!

I will say that having Jay in at QB will help you. Dallas would have ate Greasy for lunch. That D is much too fast.

The Dallas game being the blessing is a true statement. If nothing else (considering we lose) it gives our guys a mini bye week to rest and prepare for the Pats. This in my opinion, is HUGE.

I think we win in Dallas though. I just have a feeling that Gadsden will make one or two plays that will sustain a drive, and I think our O line will step up this week.

I am worried about our D too be honest. I hate mobile QB's, and the worst is when you have them all covered, and/or Jason is close to a sack, and the damned QB rolls out and runs for the first.

I hope we can pick it up on D this week.

this game will be on our D to win like they did ag the Ravens. I like our D when they can concentrate on 1 facet of a team's O; and in this case we do not need to worry about the run that much (unless Chester is out :( )

The 10 days of so rest before NE s/help us, but NE is just not losing so it is hard to feel good going up there

I like us ag Philly at home on Monday since I like us ag anyone at home on Monday night. We always seem to play better at night and Philly is not that great if you make McNabb stay in the pocket

Originally posted by Billsfan
That's a tough 3 games. On the road against Dallas and New England and a Super hot Philly team.

And that's after you struggled to beat terrible Baltimore and Washington at home!

And Baltimore and Washington almost beat you with BUMS at QB!

I will say that having Jay in at QB will help you. Dallas would have ate Greasy for lunch. That D is much too fast.

No doubt it is tough. In the worst case scenario the Bills and Phins will face each other for draft position.

And you know what? The hope we have rises and falls with Jay. Forget Baltimore and the 1st 3 quarters against Washington...different QB.

We have scored more TDs in the 4th quarter then we have in the previous 3 games combined. Heck, you know what I am talking about. You just got our of your own slump.

The only hope as a Dolphins fan is that Jay steps up and so does the offense and that the D will be in a "Ravens form" or play like they did in the second half against the Skins.

Originally posted by dolfan87
The Dallas game being the blessing is a true statement. If nothing else (considering we lose) it gives our guys a mini bye week to rest and prepare for the Pats. This in my opinion, is HUGE.

I think we win in Dallas though. I just have a feeling that Gadsden will make one or two plays that will sustain a drive, and I think our O line will step up this week.

I am worried about our D too be honest. I hate mobile QB's, and the worst is when you have them all covered, and/or Jason is close to a sack, and the damned QB rolls out and runs for the first.

I hope we can pick it up on D this week.

I tell you what. If we beat Dallas we go 3-0 during that stretch. Hold on to your seats.

The next 3 weeks will tell us what kind of team we have. If we go 3-0 or even 2-1, we have a team that can make a run. If we lose more games than we win, than we won't go to the playoffs.

We have to play really well in the last 5 games to go to the playoffs, and the next 3 against winning teams will tell us how far we can go in the playoffs. We need to win some games against good teams, and Thursday will be a good day to start doing that!

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
The next 3 weeks will tell us what kind of team we have. If we go 3-0 or even 2-1, we have a team that can make a run. If we lose more games than we win, than we won't go to the playoffs.

We have to play really well in the last 5 games to go to the playoffs, and the next 3 against winning teams will tell us how far we can go in the playoffs. We need to win some games against good teams, and Thursday will be a good day to start doing that!

well said...

Originally posted by FFiB

No doubt it is tough. In the worst case scenario the Bills and Phins will face each other for draft position.

And you know what? The hope we have rises and falls with Jay. Forget Baltimore and the 1st 3 quarters against Washington...different QB.

We have scored more TDs in the 4th quarter then we have in the previous 3 games combined. Heck, you know what I am talking about. You just got our of your own slump.

The only hope as a Dolphins fan is that Jay steps up and so does the offense and that the D will be in a "Ravens form" or play like they did in the second half against the Skins.

good post!

Like I said above, Jay is the best choice at QB for this team. BG just turns the ball over too much. He's not a very good QB. Dallas would have ate him up.

I think you guys will finish 9-7 which should be good enough to grab the last playoff spot because Denver sucks so bad.

At the same time, as fans, you should hope for the best and go after New England. I don't know how this team is winning games. Some of the NE wins are just plain ugly. And we beat them 31-0!

As for my team. I hate making excuses, but Travis Henry busted a rib in the Miami game and has been playing hurt. He then broke his leg in the Houston game and he's still playing. The guy is a beast! But the injuries have hurt us. Moulds has been hurt since week 5, and it shows. Combine that with poor play calling and our Offense just hasn't been able to click. Josh Reed is playing terrible and Bobby Shaw is at best a 3rd WR and we've needed these guys to be 1 & 2.

As for the Defense, we held Dallas to 10 points, Houston to 12 and Indy to 17 (3 after 3 quarters). Any offense should be able to win those games. And that is the diff. in the season right now.

Sorry, about the Bills thing. I know it's off topic.

I can understand how people think Griese isn't the better QB (and I'm not taking sides here) but let's look at something.

Griese was like 8 for 13 with like 133 yards, TD, 2 INTS
Fiedler came in and threw 5 of 10 and was very lucky he didn't have 2 INTs.

I dunno..Jay has to step up.

I'm not saying Jay is great. But BG seems to take the big sack and then fumble the ball while he's at it. He tries to force the big play (which I have no problem with) and throw an interception. Just seems more prone to the big turnover.

And the team you have can't handle the big turnover. You guys should be winning games 21-6, or 17-10. With power running and strong D. Giving the other team field or even points off of turnovers will kill you every time.

8 for 13 with like 133 yards, TD, 2 INTS! That’s nice and all, but remember that one of those passes was about a 10 yard play that turned into an 80 yard TD. If that WR gets pushed out of bounds, the stat line is 8-13 for 53 yards 0 TD’s and 2 INTs

Hate to talk about the Bills, but...

Josh Reed is playing terrible and Bobby Shaw is at best a 3rd WR

I think that is really your biggest problem. Minus maybe play calling. Just no help for Moulds like you had last year with Price.

As for the Phins... I think a LOT will be said about this team's heart/character the next three weeks. We have the talent to compete and even beat all three teams. However, this year we have proven that talent won't win ball games alone. I hope we will win all three! GO phins.

I believe the game against Dallas tomorrow is the key to the following two games and probably the season. If we win, we will have extra time to prepare for NE and then an extra day for Philly. The team will be in high spirits and ready to make a run IMO.

If we lose tomorrow, we have to deal with the loss for a few extra days. Just too much time to think and wonder what the he!! has gone wrong. It also gives the media extra time to dissect and question the reasons this team isn't playing up to par. Not a good situation. Hopefully they don't read the papers and leave the doubt to us fans.

I do like our chances and think we will come out on top.

Originally posted by Oboy
Hate to talk about the Bills, but...

I think that is really your biggest problem. Minus maybe play calling. Just no help for Moulds like you had last year with Price.

A lot of Bills fans were all over Reeds sack this off-season, but I was NOT one of them. You just can’t expect a 2nd year WR to step in for Peerless. At the same time, I was hoping that switching to a power running game would make the point moot. Too bad we never went to that power running game. Bummer! I guess blowing out NE and Jax in the first 2 weeks convinced the powers that be that we could still win with the pass!

Sorry for the OT again!

Back
Top Bottom