Do the third and fourth cb scare you? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do the third and fourth cb scare you?

Footballfanatic

Practice Squad
Reaction score
You know the Dolphins starting cb duo of P Surtain and sam Madison are equal or better than anyones cb in football. Is everyone comfortable that a Jamar Fletcher and Ray Green can do the job as nickel and dime cbs. We have heard praise of How much Jamar Fletcher has improved this offseason and than these ninicamp reports come out that he struggling some. Is it to early to worry about Jamar Fletcher and It a shame we couldn't find the room to keep T cousin.

Originally posted by Footballfanatic
You know the Dolphins starting cb duo of P Surtain and sam Madison are equal or better than anyones cb in football. Is everyone comfortable that a Jamar Fletcher and Ray Green can do the job as nickel and dime cbs. We have heard praise of How much Jamar Fletcher has improved this offseason and than these ninicamp reports come out that he struggling some. Is it to early to worry about Jamar Fletcher and It a shame we couldn't find the room to keep T cousin.
I am not overly concerned now, but c/b if we get an injury. I would also throw a guy like Gamble into the mix in the dime package.

As of now:
I would say the nickel will be: Sam, Pat, Brock and Arturo and either Jamar or Ray
in the the dime either Jamar or Ray or Gamble would be added.

We still have D Brown and Shields coming back from NFLE so it is not too bad - LT is still #1 and #2 concern and then DE.

missed this...

from http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...dolnotes062102.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

Looking at Gamble

Wannstedt says he’s going to take a harder look at Trent Gamble as a nickel safety. Gamble played a key reserve and special teams role in 2000.

A shoulder injury kept him sidelined most of last season. Wannstedt is happy to be getting him back.

“Trent is back healthy,†Wannstedt said. “That’s a real positive. Because as a rookie there was nobody better than him on special teams, and he started on the dime package. Having him come back happy and healthy is a real plus fo us.â€Â

Dol39 you are fast...I just posted that ULR as a new threat and you already have it here..Keep up the good work bro..that's what make this site one of the best.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
Dol39 you are fast...I just posted that ULR as a new threat and you already have it here..Keep up the good work bro..that's what make this site one of the best.
thanks ;)

From what I've read and heard, Fletcher really has improved... also with DCHs mini-camp report, it seems Green is looking good also. Having Gamble backis a plus... He did look good before he was hurt... I like the way our secondary looks... just have to erase the question marks at OL and DE...

Back
Top Bottom