Do the Vikes want to trade up....youbetcha! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do the Vikes want to trade up....youbetcha!

I see it either Tampa or the Vikes will be out trading partner...unless another team steps up and wants to play. Man..this is great....better stuff than waiting for 10 hrs to select a player who most likely wouldn't make the team anyway. GO PHINS!

LithoMan said:
sounds like a good trading partner for their two first, and second, and next years first. If they pay, Im good with it. if they wont pay the above price, tell them to go get bent.

Are you referring to Minny? They would only be required to trade their two firsts (#7 & #18) for our #2., according to the value chart...

Our 1st = 2,600

Their two firsts = 1500 + 900 = 2400

that is 200 points off. So, last pick in second round is 270, which is more then enough to compensate. But then, there comes the BAP at WR, which if they dont want to wait, and we move off #2, instead of grabbing carnell, then we make them cough up Michael bennet. or their first pick next season. Im reasonable, but you better make sure that whoever grabs Carnell, will take what we gave up for him, or we lose.

sure, we get two firsts and a second, but then those arent going to be as good as the #2 pick, in most likelyhood. Are there moron GM's, you betcha, that may let a premier guy fall to us at 7, but dont count on that. YOU MUST GET EQUAL compensation for what you are giving up.

So to me, they give us the two firsts, their second. then either next years first or Michael Bennet. No, he aint as good as Carnell, but I could live with bennet, easily.

The team trading down takes a small loss usually unless a team is DIEING for that player like Eli Manning and Winslow last year. The most we'd get would be the two firsts, or the 7th, their 2nd, and their 3rd.

LithoMan said:
BULLSHEET! Not if I was in charge. If they dont want to pay my price, f em. Im taking Carnell. They can pay SF to move off then, or Cleveland. They giving me equal compensation, or no deal. Faq the lose, they moving up, they pay more!

Before you say bull**** and be ignorant study the draft a little. I'm pretty sure Saban isn't thinking your way.

before you make a fool out of yourself, you study the draft. You making all these bold predictions and saying that the trading down team takes a loss, you show me. The only team willing to take a loss in value, is one who doesnt want to draft at their spot they are giving up. Before you put yourself on the almighty high seat, study the draft.

we dont want to move off just to move off, dipstick. we want to move down to gather picks, but if he aint going to take whatever KC feels they want to give for Surtain, you think he is just going to take whatever some smoe offers him for the #2 pick.

get your head out your a$$, and learn something. There is a difference between desperation, and dealing. Schooled!

My understanding is that Minn doesn't want to trade both 1st round picks. So what about #7 thier 2nd, 3rd, and next years first. I don't have a value chart, but I would think that would be pretty good.

Ours = 2600 (#2 overall)

Minn = By way of Oakland (#7 overall) = 1500 + (#49 Overall) = 410 = 1910 + (#80 Overall) = 190 = 2100

That leaves us shy by 500 points. #32 pick in first round is 590 points. But, a following years draft selection is never as much as this years. So say, #32 next season is 300, thats being very generous, then we are still shy by 290. 290 gets you a #61 Overall pick, low second rounder.

If that is the case they want to do for a trade, then I want their #7, their #49, their #80, thier first next season, their second next season, and Michael Bennet. That would be fair compensation.

Once again, if we move down that much, carnell is gone. You better make sure if we give him up, what we get in trade, whatver team drafts him, will take what we got to move off him. If not, we lose. Plain and simple. You got to make it cost, for our pick. we got carnell wrapped up, if we gonna pass, we GOT to get equal compensation.

LithoMan said:
Ours = 2600 (#2 overall)

Minn = By way of Oakland (#7 overall) = 1500 + (#49 Overall) = 410 = 1910 + (#80 Overall) = 190 = 2100

That leaves us shy by 500 points. #32 pick in first round is 590 points. But, a following years draft selection is never as much as this years. So say, #32 next season is 300, thats being very generous, then we are still shy by 290. 290 gets you a #61 Overall pick, low second rounder.

If that is the case they want to do for a trade, then I want their #7, their #49, their #80, thier first next season, their second next season, and Michael Bennet. That would be fair compensation.

Once again, if we move down that much, carnell is gone. You better make sure if we give him up, what we get in trade, whatver team drafts him, will take what we got to move off him. If not, we lose. Plain and simple. You got to make it cost, for our pick. we got carnell wrapped up, if we gonna pass, we GOT to get equal compensation.

Obviously you haven't been paying attention. The values in that chart are values that simply aren't there this year. Heck some teams are glad they don't have to pay the contracts for players at the top of the first round that aren't appreciably better than those later in the first round.

If we can get MN's first round picks for our pick, you take it and run. Look at MMQB from Peter King today and see for yourself.

LithoMan said:
Ours = 2600 (#2 overall)

You've got to be joking what compensation...

That's more of a rip off than the Kellen Winslow deal last year. Stop studying this chart like a bible, it's a guideline...

Back
Top Bottom