Do we draft 3 Lineman and 1 RB in first 4 rounds? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do we draft 3 Lineman and 1 RB in first 4 rounds?

Drake London
    WR USC

• MIA

Jarrett Patterson
    OC Notre Dame
    trade icon
  • MIA

Darian Kinnard
    OT Kentucky
    trade icon
  • MIA

Tyler Allgeier
    RB BYU
    trade icon
  • MIA

Henry To'o To'o
    LB Alabama

• MIA

Isaiah Thomas
    EDGE Oklahoma
    trade icon
  • MIA

Daniel Faalele
    OT Minnesota

Let’s see what Flo does with the OL coach before we talk about throwing away 2, 3, or even worse 4 picks on offense linemen. If he doesn’t fire the one he has on the first day of the offseason and hire a decent one. We might as well stock up on fast WR’s and get as much defense as we can.

I'm signing one really solid, injury free olineman. Plug and play guy. I would wait then and search again maybe after 2 weeks of FA and see who I can add a little more cheaply.
I am then drafting one solid olineman in rounds 1-3.
First thing I am doing though, is bringing in a real oline coach. Tell him to evaluate who we have; who is salvageable, who is a lost cause. Are some guys playing the wrong position for their skill set? I'm deciding all that, then adding the FAs. Even if it replaces someone I've already determined is salvageable. I'm upgrading the best I can at least 3 spots with guys who have a positive history of playing the spot I've signed them to play.
Duke Mayweather as OL consultant for a 'deep dive' perhaps? Seems right up Ross's alley.

Last edited:
They are gonna try like heck to fix the OL in free agency, then likely draft one in the first two rounds. And I’m ok with that because I’d really like to add a stud front 7 defender in the first round and really start to be great on one side of the ball while 25 is still in his prime and Jevon Holland is on a rookie contract.

I’m really hoping to see the Saints’s season take a nose dive. Their cap situation should have teams circling like vultures to steal some talent, aside from two of their FAs I already have an eye on. The OT and CB, if it’s not obvious.

The Lions have two high quality OL making big bucks and protecting no one at the moment. The prospects for Detroit acquiring a franchise QB this year are slim and none. More likely targeting 2023 at the earliest. They could be talked into a deal for Decker and Ragnow, I’ve stated before I’d be willing to take on Goff’s contract if it helped facilitate a deal.

I’d prefer to acquire more 26-30 year old OL at this point. Explore all trade options.

This would be a great time for SF to take a nose dive, although I guess we are rooting for Cincy today? That’s a tough one to swallow. I’ve been rooting so hard against the Niners all season.

Last edited:
No ..you get a tackle in free agency …then you draft a tackle wr and linebacker with first 3 picks

Start looking RB in the third or fourth round. Hopefully Cook or Charbonnet falls out of the top 100.

Im with CK, we need to draft Alex something RT from UCLA. That's about the only linemen Id feel comfortable drafting right now.

Back
Top Bottom