Do we have a defensive coordinator? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do we have a defensive coordinator?

mellovesthefins said:
not at a function, just a standard watering hole/ right place, right time kind of situation. talked a lot about football, was impressed i knew so much for a cute girl LOL. but we also chatted a lot about other stuff, too.

hes not just going to be a mouth peice. he will be on the sidelines, too.

Oh I see. You were hitting on him.

:tongue: :jk:

Muck said:
Oh I see. You were hitting on him.

:tongue: :jk:

LMAO. yeah, thats exactly how i remember it going!

im obviously a girl, in my late twenties, attractive and intelligent... but im also a diehard fins fan. this all happened right after the draft... it was pretty funny. it was a serious curve ball that i knew everything that he was talking about.

ironically reminds me of our other defensive coordinator from last year, jim bates. honestly, i think saban knew what he was doing in his hiring.

mellovesthefins said:
im obviously a girl, in my late twenties, attractive and intelligent...
clear.gif

mellovesthefins said:
LMAO. yeah, thats exactly how i remember it going!

im obviously a girl, in my late twenties, attractive and intelligent... but im also a diehard fins fan. this all happened right after the draft... it was pretty funny. it was a serious curve ball that i knew everything that he was talking about.

ironically reminds me of our other defensive coordinator from last year, jim bates. honestly, i think saban knew what he was doing in his hiring.

I can't believe youve used the words attractive and cute and no one on this board has asked for proof. Shame on you guys.

I gave proof. One doesn't claim beauty and intelligence if they possess them already.

you guys are hilarious. im actually not a water buffalo. i have no probs posting a pic but im running out the door now. later on...

p.s./ one can present the truth if they posess equal confidence of their beauty within as well their physical make up

I just got a few quick questions. Will Saban be running our defense for the most part? Does anyone know why he decided on Richard Smith? I'm guessing he was the best of what was available? :confused:

MikeO said:
Richard Smith=Romeo Crennell

Glorified guy who just sends in the plays. Defensive coordinator in name only

I don't know about that. Saban's got a lot to do as is. Saban intentionally got a lot of guys with different defensive backgrounds. My bet is that his goal is to merge their knowledge into his own for the "new" defense. I'm sure Smith will get some input and he gets to call the plays.

Actually I really wonder what you call "in name only". The DC's job is to call the plays along with getting the guys ready. It's not like the Giants where Fassel would call most plays off and on for the offense.

Does anyone know of a situatiuon recently where a head coach has also functioned as a co-ordinator (either O or D)? It would be interesting to see what sort of success they have had.

I wonder if it would just be too much to handle on gameday.

suhawk said:
Does anyone know of a situatiuon recently where a head coach has also functioned as a co-ordinator (either O or D)? It would be interesting to see what sort of success they have had.

I wonder if it would just be too much to handle on gameday.

The Patriots chose not to replace Charlie Weis this year because they didn't want to make any changes to their offensive scheme. Instead, Bill Belichick will serve as offensive coordinator and playcaller.

So we'll see how well it works out.

Back
Top Bottom