do we have any good DT'S ?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

do we have any good DT'S ??

nolefin

thank you
Reaction score
wtf is going on with our d-tackle position bowens is done chester might be done, traylor is old fat and has nothing left in the tank? wtf who is going to play d-tackle for us man i sure hope carter does not get hurt or we are done
and don't give me this manny wright crapp the guy is a rook and was a backup last year! is there any FA left that we could p/u

Defensive tackles are just large bodies half the time. Its not like we need the best player in the world to fill that position.

Saban4prez said:
Defensive tackles are just large bodies half the time. Its not like we need the best player in the world to fill that position.

They can't get blown off the ball though. Look what happened last year cause you didn't have anu DT's, but now you're secondary is hurting too.

Plus, you need a quality DT to keep blockers back, to allow ZT and Seau to be effective.

This could be a long year on defense if that line dosen't get shored up.

We need some run stoppers so our linebackers can be more effective. Keith might be okay as a huge body but he really can't do much else >.>

Fox had a good article today on leftovers ....

Here is the link
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3692474

As for DT as you can see there is not much left:
Defensive Tackles

Player 2004 Team
Ed Jasper Falcons
Travis Hall Falcons
Ellis Johnson Broncos
John Parrella Raiders
Jermaine Haley Redskins
Norman Hand Giants

NOTES Ed Jasper complemented retirement following the season, but could surface somewhere for another season. Physically, he's near the end due to injuries, but he's like a coach on the field and is technically sound. Ellis Johnson is still effective as an interior penetrator who can get some pressure on the quarterback, but is more of a headache for the organization he plays for due to his constant talk about retiring. Jermaine Haley has some value as a run clogger in a backup role, but that's all.

Losman7 said:
They can't get blown off the ball though. Look what happened last year cause you didn't have anu DT's, but now you're secondary is hurting too.

Plus, you need a quality DT to keep blockers back, to allow ZT and Seau to be effective.

True enough. Still, I'm more worried about the secondary than I am about the middle of the DL. We have enough good linemen for a decent rotation, but where is the depth in the secondary?

Losman7 said:

With a 3-4, and some spread 4-3 looks, we won't need to be great at DT, the linebackers will be doing more work than anybody

To think we could have had Wilfork if we had drafted the BPA last year.:cry:

CrunchTime said:
To think we could have had Wilfork if we had drafted the BPA last year.:cry:

First thing I thought of too - and we would have had another guy with the 4th rd pick we wasted.
Too bad Norman Hand can't move anymore. That guy would make Traylor look avg sized.

anyone heard anything about Vickerson, him and if we pick up Wright, that could be the future of out DL right there.

Methinks we will pick up Wright. If the DT position doesnt show stability i think Wright will be at the forefront of Sabans thinking concerning Defense.

marino2duper73 said:
With a 3-4, and some spread 4-3 looks, we won't need to be great at DT, the linebackers will be doing more work than anybody

so who told you the fins would be using a base 3-4 defense this season?

Back
Top Bottom