Do we have anything? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do we have anything?

flip

Starter
Reaction score
I really think the Texans are going to trade away the #1 pick they have to much to fill and they already Davis Running and Carr at QB. So do we want the #1? And if we do what do we give up for it?

We could ALWAYS use a #1 pick, but I don't think we want to give up what the Texans would be asking, JMO.

where did u get this information........and your gut feeling isn't gonna cut it pal

flip said:
I really think the Texans are going to trade away the #1 pick they have to much to fill and they already Davis Running and Carr at QB. So do we want the #1? And if we do what do we give up for it?

To be honest, im not sure it's worth the money that teams have to spend on #1 overall picks. Ronnie cost a lot, but spending for a running back is not quite as risky as a QB. Personally, i take that money, and go free agent. . . . . of course, what do i know..

DBetters83 said:
where did u get this information........and your gut feeling isn't gonna cut it pal

There's at least one rumor involving the Jets that's been making the rounds at the Combine.

flip said:

Trading up is a bad idea for Miami to start with, trading up to the overall #1 draft pick for Miami would be insane. Miami has some holes to fill, and would cost way too much to move up that far.

Based on this handy-dandy draft pick value chart http://www.thehuddlereport.com/NickelPackage/tradevaluechart.htm, it looks like we'd have to give up our whole draft, plus players, the deed to Boardwalk, and Ricky Williams next illegitimate child to go from #16 to #1. Does that sound like something Nick would be remotely interested in? If anything I say trade down and add picks where the real value is (#30 through #60).

apa64che said:
To be honest, im not sure it's worth the money that teams have to spend on #1 overall picks. Ronnie cost a lot, but spending for a running back is not quite as risky as a QB. Personally, i take that money, and go free agent. . . . . of course, what do i know..

I agree that the #1 overall pick is not generally worth the money, but statistically rbs are one of the riskiest picks. Much more so than QBs especially if the injury risk is factored in. If I recall correctly, wrs are the most likely busts of all.

rafael said:
There's at least one rumor involving the Jets that's been making the rounds at the Combine.

They just did a mock draft on Cold Pizza with the Texans trading down with the Jets.

tay0365 said:
Trading up is a bad idea for Miami to start with, trading up to the overall #1 draft pick for Miami would be insane. Miami has some holes to fill, and would cost way too much to move up that far.

I agree, i think teams that trade up a spot or two is understandible, but trading up to #1 for us, would be ridiculous. (which is why it won't happen)

rafael said:
I agree that the #1 overall pick is not generally worth the money, but statistically rbs are one of the riskiest picks. Much more so than QBs especially if the injury risk is factored in. If I recall correctly, wrs are the most likely busts of all.

I knew as soon as i said that, someone would call me on it. :lol: That doesn't really make much sense to me. I'm not questioning you, it just seems to me running backs would have a little easier time transitioning than QB's. Course, like i said before, what do i know :D

flip said:
That would destroy present and future drafts, and that's just not Saban's philosophy. Taking the best player available at #16 will fill a need at any position from DB to OL to WR. Heck, I wouldn't mind seeing us trade down as long as it's done while we are on the clock.

DBetters83 said:
I read a general rumour, maybe on cbssportsline.com or NFL.com. But all it said was they were interested in trading down. Aren't most teams most years rumoured to want to trade down for enough in return?
Anyway. I don't think we'd trade up for a boatload of picks to get 1 guy. Even if it was Leinhart we wanted or whoever.

Back
Top Bottom