Do we have anything? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do we have anything?

flip said:
I really think the Texans are going to trade away the #1 pick they have to much to fill and they already Davis Running and Carr at QB. So do we want the #1? And if we do what do we give up for it?
our needs our there at the obvious no. 1 pick in Bush. Though four is a good pick for us to land Cutler

I just remembered something. Don't we now have the same GM that traded away all the Saints picks for Ricky Williams?

Phin said:
I just remembered something. Don't we now have the same GM that traded away all the Saints picks for Ricky Williams?

That was Ditka's doing. I'm pretty sure we'll never see Saban posing with any players in a wedding dress.

Everyone is so crazy about getting one of the big three QBs, but answer me one question, if you had a choice to pick Payton Manning or Tom Brady (With what you know now) which would you choose. (Both equally good QB, each in his own way, but one would cost you much more)

My point is not so much, there is a Tom Brady in this draft (same as nobody can be sure there is a Payton Manning), my point is that a QB with good skills can be taken in the later rounds, and groomed to one day be effective or much better. There is no guarantee that any of the top three will ever be one of the elites, or even one of the top 20.

If one of those QBs falls to us, great, but if not, trading up when we are so close, but still have more then 1 hole to fill, would be ridiculous.

Sofa_King_Drunk said:
That was Ditka's doing. I'm pretty sure we'll never see Saban posing with any players in a wedding dress.

:sidelol: I forgot about that!!!

tay0365 said:
Everyone is so crazy about getting one of the big three QBs, but answer me one question, if you had a choice to pick Payton Manning or Tom Brady (With what you know now) which would you choose. (Both equally good QB, each in his own way, but one would cost you much more)

My point is not so much, there is a Tom Brady in this draft (same as nobody can be sure there is a Payton Manning), my point is that a QB with good skills can be taken in the later rounds, and groomed to one day be effective or much better. There is no guarantee that any of the top three will ever be one of the elites, or even one of the top 20.

If one of those QBs falls to us, great, but if not, trading up when we are so close, but still have more then 1 hole to fill, would be ridiculous.

I agree completely...

John Clayton yesterday said he thought Miami was interested in the #1 pick but no way we could put together a package for it

Take that with a grain of salt I guess

We've got nothing ....

The JETS won't get anywhere with that trade either .... but they will come up with a package to move up ....

Phin said:
I agree completely...

Thanks Phin, I think what it is all set and done, we are going to have another draft, that will have everyone just as happy or more (The rational fans in here) as last year.

If you look at last year, was there really one pick in the draft that you can call a horrible pick? I think in a few years, every one of them will be a starter for Miami. I trust any move Saban makes.

tay0365 said:
Thanks Phin, I think what it is all set and done, we are going to have another draft, that will have everyone just as happy or more (The rational fans in here) as last year.

If you look at last year, was there really one pick in the draft that you can call a horrible pick? I think in a few years, every one of them will be a starter for Miami. I trust any move Saban makes.

Yeah, I thought our draft picks last year pretty good choices. I'm still not sure about Roth but I like his style.

apa64che said:
To be honest, im not sure it's worth the money that teams have to spend on #1 overall picks. Ronnie cost a lot, but spending for a running back is not quite as risky as a QB. Personally, i take that money, and go free agent. . . . . of course, what do i know..
Chesterfield ? Hey neighbor.

rafael said:
I agree that the #1 overall pick is not generally worth the money, but statistically rbs are one of the riskiest picks. Much more so than QBs especially if the injury risk is factored in. If I recall correctly, wrs are the most likely busts of all.

I think, and I'm willing to be corrected, that I recall seeing the numbers crunched... and that the answer to which is the riskiest depends on how you measure risk.

Meaning, I think Running back has the greatest risk of not lasting for a long time in the NFL.

Offensive line is the position that seems to depend historically the LEAST of where they are picked. Meaning, you often don't get more value picking them first round than you do third or fifth.

I think, and this is just me guessing so this part could be wrong... I think cornerbacks have the highest rate of being pro=bowlers or complete busts.

It's hard to find info on just cornerbacks, they are usually lumped with safeties. And safeties, I believe, have a much higher success rate because their skills are more easily identifiable.

Back
Top Bottom