Do we really need Morris? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do we really need Morris?

UCF Knight

Golden Knight
Reaction score
Not that I hate the signing, but I'm puzzled, I thought that we had 2 solid back-ups, Minor and Henry?

Also considering the fact that Konrad has had problems staying healthy the last 2 years this is a great addition.

Yeah, Morris is a solid Special Teamer and will back up Konrad as others have said. Ayanbadejo went elsewhere and the other options left something to be desired. Detron Smith? Deon Dyer? Ugh no thanks. Sammy coming here also is a reward since he was the Buffalo's special teams captain which makes the sting hurt a little bit more for them.

Also, Minor is a RFA so technically, he could still go elsewhere, and if he does, perhaps Sammy Morris can slip into the third tailback spot behind Ricky and Henry.

yes we do....we lost Hendricks (ST captain) and also femi....backup to Konrad....he can fill both....

morris is an awesome special teamer. he is a very average rb but can do many things. i will miss him.

Originally posted by Samphin
Also, Minor is a RFA so technically, he could still go elsewhere, and if he does, perhaps Sammy Morris can slip into the third tailback spot behind Ricky and Henry.

good thinking.....i didn't even consider that although he'd be a natural selection to replace Minor as well if he leaves....:)

The Bills used him as a 3rd down back. I am sure the Dolphins might use him in third and longs in this role as well. Sammy has good hands and is a very good 3rd down back. The only reason we are letting him go is McGahee's rehab is over and McGahee will be the 3rd down guy.

thanks for the info and approval Baal.....I enjoyed watching McGahee play for UM and hope he has a productive career (although not against us, lol ). That hit he took sucked and at the worst time for him!

Back
Top Bottom