Do We Still Need A Lb? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do We Still Need A Lb?

Jssanto

Club Member
Reaction score
i keep reading that Quinn from the DE spot, and McDonald from the SS spot (and now with Fitz he could do that as well or play FS allowing McDonald to be a LBer) can fill our LBer need. So now is pick 10 today a TE? DL? Even QB?

Whether we take one or not, we definitely need 1 or 2 more LBs. Neither of our OLB spots last year were the caliber needed to be a playoff team. With regards to the players you mentioned, none of them are 4-3 OLBs, they could only fill the role in a sub package and that would leave us vulnerable to the run or pass once the opposing QB checks at the line of scrimmage to abuse the deficiencies these players have at LB, whether it be run support or coverage responsibilities.

We definitely need an OLB. I am thrilled with the Fitz pick, but it kinda sucks that Edmunds was there and we went in another direction. You've got Darius Leonard who screams to be put in a 4-3 WILL spot. Orem Burks has moved around a lot at Vandy, but he has speed and skill in coverage to make him an attractive candidate with good upside. Of Course there is Shaquem Griffin, who if he did not have his medical, would be a top 20 pick. Also Jerome Baker, Fred Warner, Dorian O'Daniel, and Malik Jefferson are still out there. Jefferson has plus athleticism, but his lack of instincts scare me.

Sure. preferably two.

but we also have a crippling need for a TE... and a rb wouldnt hurt

Sure. preferably two.

but we also have a crippling need for a TE... and a rb wouldnt hurt

I'm warming up the thought of Godert at tight end and Jaylen Samuels in the backfield. FInd a way to get Samuels 10 carries per game and feed him and Godert a combined 80+ receptions and it would make Tannehill's and the offensive line's lives easier.

Would love to see Parker, Stills, Wilson, Amendola, Godert and Samuels in a balanced passing attack. Not to mention Drake catching the ball more too.

DK, what do you think about Griffen. I'd like to see him as a Dolphin, great speed, even greater story but mainly the kid's a great player that can help us win games.

Yes but I bet there will be a nickel package where TJ or Jones play an interchangeable role as the nickel LB'er. However I'm not crazy about Raekwon, Kiko and Anthony in base. I think we need to upgrade Anthony unless they believe in him more than we think. I think his athletic tools have some value as a package player but he seems like he'll be fooled too easily as a full time starter.

Yes. The idea that TJ McDonald is going to be your will in the nickel package, something he's never done in his life, is hilarious and typical Dolphins.

If Goedert is there, he’s the pick. If he’s not, we could be looking at CB or even WR like Anthony Miller or Christian Kirk.

Back
Top Bottom