Do you get warnings because a mod has a bad day? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do you get warnings because a mod has a bad day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

InMyChambers

Sniper
Reaction score
That's the only explanation I can think of for why I got one. Actually, i believe the exact reason is because my signature said, "mod edit - over 40K limit" or something to that effect. It's been that way for at least 3+ months and now I get a warning for that. Is this a joke????????

No you do not get warnings because a mod has a bad day. You get warnings because you violate the TOS.

i tried to view my log and this is what i'm getting:

There seems to have been a problem with the FinHeaven & Co Forums database.
Please try again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, whom you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

InMyChambers said:
Please explain to me how I violated the TOS then?

Not to be a mod-sider or anything, but TOS says a sig can't be over 40k and yours was, so TOS was violated. The new rules that roled out a few weeks back have language saying that you get warnings for stuff like that.

I had something similar but it was before the warning system deal so they just disabled it, they didn't give me a warning. Personally, I find the new rules to be too harsh but it isn't my call.

byroan said:
No you do not get warnings because a mod has a bad day. You get warnings because you violate the TOS.

:p4e: Right:rolleyes2

Samphin said:
Not to be a mod-sider or anything, but TOS says a sig can't be over 40k and yours was, so TOS was violated. The new rules that roled out a few weeks back have language saying that you get warnings for stuff like that.

I had something similar but it was before the warning system deal so they just disabled it, they didn't give me a warning. Personally, I find the new rules to be too harsh but it isn't my call.

you aren't following me. before this warning system was institued they adjusted my sig which is fine. my signature had become "mod edit 40K exceeded" which is fine... i kinda got a chuckle out of it. then a mod gave me a warning just recently for having that "Mod edit 40K exceeded" as my signature which i find delusional. that's my question.

i'm also still wondering when i'm going to get to see this warning log.

InMyChambers said:
you aren't following me. before this warning system was institued they adjusted my sig which is fine. my signature had become "mod edit 40K exceeded" which is fine... i kinda got a chuckle out of it. then a mod gave me a warning just recently for having that "Mod edit 40K exceeded" as my signature which i find delusional. that's my question.

i'm also still wondering when i'm going to get to see this warning log.

Oh, then it sounds like you had exactly what I had. Maybe since you didn't change it? The mods still saw it as over 40K? :confused: I don't know. I would think you have a legit grievance. Again though, I am just a lowly schlub.

Brown or Ricky said:
:p4e: Right:rolleyes2

I got a warning for this? Somebody must be having a bad day. Can you mods please be real here. This is exactly what this thread is about.

Samphin said:

What's so harsh about being warned? The previous warning system was a mod edit, nothing has changed it's exactly the same.

To the OP:

At the time you were warned, what exactly was in your sig? Was it ONLY the mod edit language, or was it the image and the language?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom