Do you seriously think we will beat jets/buffalo if we can't beat a team in the cold? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do you seriously think we will beat jets/buffalo if we can't beat a team in the cold?

juniorseau55

Go Fins
Reaction score
You might want to pull out the new england and miami game to make you realize how horrible we played in the cold for the 7th straight year.

It all depends which Bills team show up. Jeckl or Hyde.

I think this team is different in that respect. At least the defense is. Remember last year in Buffalo ricky ran for mad yards and we lost a high scoring game in worse weather. The point is our game up huge points in the bad weather. The NE game showed the D can stop anyone in the cold (the TN game was sans surtain/thomas and just a bad game). I would rather have a close low scoring game in the bad weather than a close high scoring one. It gives either team a better chance to win, even a team that usually doesn't play well in the cold.

No offense to our Bills fan counterparts, but the cold and snow weren't the only reasons we lost against New England. N.E. is playing out of this world right now. The Bills are 6-7. Next topic.

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom
No offense to our Bills fan counterparts, but the cold and snow weren't the only reasons we lost against New England. N.E. is playing out of this world right now. The Bills are 6-7. Next topic.

your point is????

My point is there is a bit of a logical leap from our loss to an 11-2 team in the snow to the presumption we CAN'T beat any team in the snow.

The 'Phins were two plays away from winning the game in Foxborough. I don't think there is any reason to suspect the cold had everything to do with the ability of the Fish to win. The D was great. Poor field position and an ill advised slant pass did them in.

If Rickey breaks off that run and takes a handoff on first down by the goalline, it's a different game. Unfortunately for you all, Eugene made the tackle and Tedy made the pick that touched off a snowstorm.

History of the sort that started this thread can be reversed. Until October, everyone up here thought the Pats could "never" win in the Miami heat. It does not matter. The only thing that matters is how the team plays on the day of the game. It sounds too simplistic but it's true. Belichick has made a believer out of me.

If the teams exchanged coaching staffs, you can bet Miami would not be bothered by the cold.

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom
My point is there is a bit of a logical leap from our loss to an 11-2 team in the snow to the presumption we CAN'T beat any team in the snow.
I agree to a certain extent. The Jets beat the Titans. we beat the Jets a week after and who's to say we can't beat the fins at home. Didn't matter that the Titans record was, the jets beat them

If the better side of the bills show up w/ that no. 2 D , the fins aren't beating us.

If the bills that decides to throw shows up, we aren't beating the fins.

The way to beat the fins is simple. Keep RW off the field (by running Henry) and dare Fiedler to throw. It was like that last year and it's the same this year.

Originally posted by Section126
Yeah, you really kept ricky off the field last year!!!!!!!!!!

the smack forum is :goof: (that) way

Originally posted by justafan

The way to beat the fins is simple. Keep RW off the field (by running Henry) and dare Fiedler to throw. It was like that last year and it's the same this year.

And get the ball to Peerless Price, oops..

Back
Top Bottom