Do you think Marcus Vick will be a first rounder next year? (Assuming he declares) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do you think Marcus Vick will be a first rounder next year? (Assuming he declares)

this thread hits straight to home with me, considering he went to the high school right down the street from my home (Warwick High School Newport News, VA). Both Mike and Marcus are considered gods here along with Aaron Brooks,Allen Iverson, etc.

The funny part about this is i know first hand that he is nowhere near where Mike was at this time, plus he had a much harder time excelling in high school, but b/c he was a Vick, he was amazing.

He was home (Portsmouth is where their family lives now) when he was caught with those minors, and that is 4 hours away from VT. The kid (he's like 3 years older than me, lol) is a strong partier and a few of the minors at that party are about to graduate this year, and that's just a shame.

I'm alone here b/c imo mike and marcus are both overrated, and if marcus is in the first round or rather in the first day, you will have to see a DRASTIC change in his ability and that's just not happening.

i guess that's just my opinion on this subject. i just found it very interesting b/c this hits right at the heart of my hometown

He hasnt done anything in college other than get arrested. Just having Vick on his jersey doesnt mean he is his brother. Has he even started at QB in the NFL? His freshman year he played WR a lot and I havent heard much from him since then. He doesnt even deserve to be drafted anywhere near the first day, let alone the first round.

Buddwalk said:
worked for eli with the name manning but he also played amazing 4 years at ole miss while vick hasnt shown anything yet...even if he has an amazing year which i doubt cause his arm is weakers than his brothers and his accuracy is worse...He'll be a day one pick if he has an amazing year...but not a 1st round pick especially with Leinart Coming out

Eli backed up his name in college, that shouldn't even be a comparison. Also having a weaker arm that Mike isn't saying much since his is one of the strongest in the leauge. And not that I agree with him being a first rounder, what would Leinart have to do with it, theres 32 first rounders, not just one.

Marcus Vick is nowhere near the skill level of Michael Vick..he wasn't even the best QB at Va Tech and the guy who was ahead of him would be a first rounder in my book...I think you have to question whether Vick would be worth drafting with all his legal issues and past problems...maybe he will grow up, but I would pass on him as a 1st and 2nd rounder.

SkapePhin said:
Here is a recent article on his situation and rededication..

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2020212

Will his past legal troubles keep him out of the first round if he stays clean and performs this year?

NO WAY. People are crucifying McPherson for writing that check. They will probably let this kids mistakes slide though since his name is Vick

Gr8BambinoTy said:
this thread hits straight to home with me, considering he went to the high school right down the street from my home (Warwick High School Newport News, VA). Both Mike and Marcus are considered gods here along with Aaron Brooks,Allen Iverson, etc.

The funny part about this is i know first hand that he is nowhere near where Mike was at this time, plus he had a much harder time excelling in high school, but b/c he was a Vick, he was amazing.

He was home (Portsmouth is where their family lives now) when he was caught with those minors, and that is 4 hours away from VT. The kid (he's like 3 years older than me, lol) is a strong partier and a few of the minors at that party are about to graduate this year, and that's just a shame.

I'm alone here b/c imo mike and marcus are both overrated, and if marcus is in the first round or rather in the first day, you will have to see a DRASTIC change in his ability and that's just not happening.

i guess that's just my opinion on this subject. i just found it very interesting b/c this hits right at the heart of my hometown

You aren't alone. I think Mike is overrated. He can run but he can't QB

LtDan662002 said:
You aren't alone. I think Mike is overrated. He can run but he can't QB

I have to agree, he is extremely overrated, the guy is an amazing athlete but it takes more than athleticism to be a great QB.

Back
Top Bottom