Do you think Rick is looking at Page and Randall as Right Guards | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do you think Rick is looking at Page and Randall as Right Guards

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
The only reason I say this is cause both guys have the guard position in their repertoire.

Marvez Q&A
Q: Anything new with offensive lineman Greg Randall?

A: My impression is the Dolphins won't be signing Randall as they weren't willing to offer anything more than a minimum-salary contract after a disappointing free-agent meeting. I expect Randall to sign with either Dallas or San Francisco, which is interested in playing him at guard. His agent, Jeff Nalley, said he expects Randall to make a decision soon.

That was pasted earlier in a thread about Randall.

Then this from ESPN Insider Scouts Inc, who have Page classified as a guard.

Page's background is at tackle, but he has spent the last two seasons at right guard. He has all the athleticism, size and balance a team could ask for. Quick and plays with leverage. Has long arms, good initial burst and proper footwork. Rolls his hips, gets good pop and is explosive at the point of attack. Has the feet to pull, trap and get to the second level. Can be left on an island in pass protection. Will redirect and handle most speed rushers. Rarely overextends or gets out of position. Can mirror and slide. Has enough strength to handle power rushers. Concerns all have to do with effort and attitude. Seems to drop into cruise control a lot. Can be dominant, but he might be the type who will wear out a coach. Page is a frustrating prospect for coaches and scouts alike, but there definitely is potential there if someone can coax a consistent effort out of him.

Seems like with St Clair and Randall and Page we're taking shots at guys that if we'd lucky look good enough at tackle but most likely would be best played on the inside.

I think maybe they are going with the reasoning that the best 5 lineman will start... and having guys that have played multible positions makes that easier to shuffle the best 5 around.
It seems like a good plan to me

Kiper has Page listed with the guards as well in his free agent list. Flexibility seems to be the byword this year for linemen.

Remember Greg Jerman was a tackle throughout college and came to us as an undrafted free agent tackle and yet started a game at RG for us last year and is being talked about as competition for Whitely there this year. Brent Smith was drafted by us as a tackle and played some tackle for us before the repetitive knee injuries and is now a guard for the Jests.

There was an unattributed comment from RS in another thread that said Smiley was lower on our board because he was one dimensional, only a guard. You are correct this does seem to be a consistent theme in our looking at the Oline.

I'd say yes, if it weren't for Mac being injured and St. Clair on our roster. I think it makes a lot more sense to start Randall at Tackle, until Mac is better, then move him inside if need be, and keep St. Clair inside. Could be wrong though, but htat makes more sense to me.

Back
Top Bottom