Does anyone have any insight about Barrick Nealy? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does anyone have any insight about Barrick Nealy?

McDolphins

Hating The Jets With A Passion Since '84
Club Member
Reaction score
http://www.draftshowcase.com/BarrickNealy.htm

Dont jump to any conclusions here. I dont know much about the guy at all, and I havent seen a single second of footage, but talk of him breaking McNair's I-AA passing records piqued my curiosity, and I was wondering if anyone had any footage of him or any insight about him?

From the guys that Saban has shown interest in (like Cleo Lemon and that former CFL Player of the Year) it seems that he is looking for a QB with high mobility, which Nealy has. And while, according to the minimal info I was able to dig up, Nealy isnt quite as mechanically sound of a passer as we would like, he does have the overhead throwing motion that NFL scouts like and he can get the ball downfield, which means he would need less reworking in the mechanics department than someone like Omar Jacobs or Phillip Rivers. In theory, at least (like I said, I dont know a whole heck of a lot about him).

Does anyone here know more about him? Have footage of him? Would he be worth a look in the 3rd or 4th round?

dahlmarino said:

Dont jump to any conclusions here. I dont know much about the guy at all, and I havent seen a single second of footage, but talk of him breaking McNair's I-AA passing records piqued my curiosity, and I was wondering if anyone had any footage of him or any insight about him?

From the guys that Saban has shown interest in (like Cleo Lemon and that former CFL Player of the Year) it seems that he is looking for a QB with high mobility, which Nealy has. And while, according to the minimal info I was able to dig up, Nealy isnt quite as mechanically sound of a passer as we would like, he does have the overhead throwing motion that NFL scouts like and he can get the ball downfield, which means he would need less reworking in the mechanics department than someone like Omar Jacobs or Phillip Rivers. In theory, at least (like I said, I dont know a whole heck of a lot about him).

Does anyone here know more about him? Have footage of him? Would he be worth a look in the 3rd or 4th round?
I was actually reading about him last nite...he's one of the sleepers listed at draftcountdown.com
If you go to thatsite just hit rankings and all the way to the right bottom of that page there's a list of the sleepers and he's on it.....just click on his name and you'll see his profile.....sorry that I don't know how to link it here...hope it helps.

Ozzy rules!!
:rockon: :guitar:

dahlmarino said:

He'll be on TV this Saturday in the Hula Bowl so you can form your own opinion.

SMadison29 said:
He'll be on TV this Saturday in the Hula Bowl so you can form your own opinion.

Yes sir! And you can bet I'll be scouring that game watching Barrick Nealy. He impressed me in the Texas State - Texas A&M game. Totally outplayed Reggie McNeal.

Here's some stuff I wrote about Nealy...since I don't feel like typing it all over again ;)

http://www.billsbuzz.com/billsbuzz/pages/articles/articles2005/06-01-11-Kouffman-NFL-Draft.htm

I don’t know if Texas State’s Barrick Nealy has "it" but he sure has something. He is a Vince Young clone, in nearly every way except mechanics and level of competition. How close are they? They scrimmage against each other, Texas against Texas State, Necessary Roughness style, every summer. Texas and Texas State players always come away rather impressed with Nealy’s abilities.

In a rare nationally-televised game against Texas A&M, which was supposed to be a chance for draftniks to take a look at highly-rated Reggie McNeal, Nealy stole the show tossing for nearly 400 yards, 3 touchdown, and rushing for an additional 36 yards and a touchdown. You could tell this was Nealy’s chance to out-duel a draft competitor in McNeal, and he did. McNeal is now not considered very draftable as a quarterback, while Nealy’s stock is rising into a possible first day selection. How fast is Nealy? He was recently timed at 4.47 in the 40, with the same 6’5", 230 lbs frame that Young sports.

This year Young ran for 1050 yards and passed for 3000 yards, a feat that is supposed to be an urban legend. Nealy ran for 1050 yards and passed for 2900 yards. In any of Nealy’s interviews, you can sense how badly he wanted the chance to try and out-duel Young on national television. The competition between these two, from Nealy’s end, is palpable.

Nealy would compare favorably with Aaron Brooks coming out of the draft, and Barrick could help distinguish himself in character interviews. If there is any truth to the rumor that he is a film junky and true student of the game, then watch for this young man to sky rocket from obscurity to the first day, because he has every tool imaginable for the position from his rocket arm to his 4.4 range speed, humongous size, and shoulder-load capacity for an offense.

Back
Top Bottom