Does anyone honestly believe that....... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does anyone honestly believe that.......

iceblizzard69

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Does anyone honestly believe that AJ Feeley is worth a 2005 second round pick, and that he is worth a 5 year, 18 million dollar contract. I find it amazing how people seem to be happy with this move. He is unproven, he doesn't have a good arm, he doesn't have any mobility, he was a third stringer, and we gave him a 5 million dollar signing bonus and are giving up a second round pick for him.

Am I the only one here who thinks that we could have offered A LOT less money and he would have taken it? Am I the only one who thinks we could have offered a pick two rounds later and it still may have been accepted?

Ice, dude, he DOES have a good arm. Where are you hearing that he doesn't?

Yes it was worth a second next year, because if he turns out to be a great QB for us, it would of been worth a 1st THIS year.

If it turns out he sucks, than oh well, we have wasted 1st round picks on the Jamar Fletchers of the world, the Jon Avery's, ect ect

At least this pick doesn't hinder our draft this season.

Give him a chance!

I hate this move!!!:yell:

This is possibly the dumbest decision we could have made. AJ Feeley wasn't even really a consideration, and for good reason.

He's a third stringer!!!.....

Terrible move. Rick just screwed himself, and the Phinz future....

PHINZ RULE!!!:cry:

I like the idea of getting a guy who played well (4-1), has real game exp., has been coached by one of the best in the game at the qb position, has good size and arm strength, that we did not over pay for Brunnell. If he works out and has a solid season then yes the 2nd rder was worth it. That's all you can hope for. I am goinng to defer to speilman on this one, he pulled the trigger b/c he saw something in Feeley he did not see in Jay. If he's bust then of course you are correct we over paid, but no risk no reward right?

Originally posted by dolfan87
Ice, dude, he DOES have a good arm. Where are you hearing that he doesn't?

Yes it was worth a second next year, because if he turns out to be a great QB for us, it would of been worth a 1st THIS year.

If it turns out he sucks, than oh well, we have wasted 1st round picks on the Jamar Fletchers of the world, the Jon Avery's, ect ect

At least this pick doesn't hinder our draft this season.

Give him a chance!

Yeah, but next year we will not have all of our first day picks again. I'm sick of never having a complete draft, and I feel that this time, we gave up a draft pick way too good for what we got in return. When we traded the picks for Ricky, I was happy because I thought he was worth what we gave up.

Feeley wasn't even impressive when he played. He completed 55% of his passes and had a 75 QB rating. I just don't see him as a "QB for the future."

I didn't want to trade a first rounder for Ramsey, and I didn't want to trade a 2005 second rounder for Henson, but I would have preferred both to this trade.

I like this move if we still draft Rivers. I think if you cut Jay and Brian and go with AJ and Rivers, we are in good shape.

If AJ is th eonly answer then I ask: "Was it th ebest choice out there?"

No matter how many time sI ask that question I come back to the same answer. HELLLLL NO!!!

Originally posted by JAGFISH
I like the idea of getting a guy who played well (4-1), has real game exp., has been coached by one of the best in the game at the qb position, has good size and arm strength, that we did not over pay for Brunnell. If he works out and has a solid season then yes the 2nd rder was worth it. That's all you can hope for. I am goinng to defer to speilman on this one, he pulled the trigger b/c he saw something in Feeley he did not see in Jay. If he's bust then of course you are correct we over paid, but no risk no reward right?

I'm very happy that we didn't overpay for Brunell, but we overpaid for Feeley, unless you don't think 5 years and 18 million dollars for an unproven QB is overpaying.

Feeley did win games, but he isn't the reason why the Eagles went 4-1. Also, consider that the 4 wins were against losing teams, and the 1 loss was against a winning team.

Originally posted by fin-atic
I like this move if we still draft Rivers. I think if you cut Jay and Brian and go with AJ and Rivers, we are in good shape.

If AJ is th eonly answer then I ask: "Was it th ebest choice out there?"

No matter how many time sI ask that question I come back to the same answer. HELLLLL NO!!!

It would really suck if we gave Feeley this contract and gave up a second round pick for him so that he could be our QB for one year.

I think the best scenario would have been to draft Rivers and then sign a FA or have Fiedler start in 2004.

Feeley never beat a team with a winning record. Hell, Fiedler can do that.

I don't see how this gets us to the next level.

Yes he did play teams who were not play-off teams but nobody is a walk in the park. Ray Lucas kept us out of the play-offs against some average to bad teams. AJ kept his team alive while Mcnabb was hurt. HE also had very little to work w/ as far as WR's. He won't get you beat that's all you can ask of a young QB. Let's face it the eagles were down to there #3 QB, alot of teams would have gone into the tank. With Ricky in the backfield he'll have alot more protection than he did against those teams. People might actually have to take those extra guys out of the box b/c we'll have QB with a great deal of accuracy, who won't miss wide open guys, a solid TE, a great back etc. I'm not saying he's the next coming but he has more tools than Jay and that is a big positive for this offense.

Originally posted by JAGFISH
Yes he did play teams who were not play-off teams but nobody is a walk in the park. Ray Lucas kept us out of the play-offs against some average to bad teams. AJ kept his team alive while Mcnabb was hurt. HE also had very little to work w/ as far as WR's. He won't get you beat that's all you can ask of a young QB. Let's face it the eagles were down to there #3 QB, alot of teams would have gone into the tank. With Ricky in the backfield he'll have alot more protection than he did against those teams. People might actually have to take those extra guys out of the box b/c we'll have QB with a great deal of accuracy, who won't miss wide open guys, a solid TE, a great back etc. I'm not saying he's the next coming but he has more tools than Jay and that is a big positive for this offense.

Look at what you are arguing? That he will be better than Lucas?? The idea here people is to UPGRADE the positon. Not just keep the status quo.

Back
Top Bottom