Does anyone know about the Dolphing QB in NFLE | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does anyone know about the Dolphing QB in NFLE

WestCoastPhins

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows how good the QB the dolphins sent to NFL Europe really is? I see lots of news about him on NFL.com or cbssportsline. Cant remember which. Is he really good or is it just that NFLE is way below NFL talent.

And if he is good. Why not have him be backup QB or promote Sage and make him 3rd string? And dont waste draft picks or trades.

Clint Stoerner, a former Cowboys quarterback is the guy you're thinkin of.

I'll start off now saying I don't see him being anything more than a career backup, but hey I could be wrong. But, this guy was horrible in Dallas and he got pulled for Ryan Leaf, if memory serves me correctly.

The guy is average, plain and simple, and NFL Europe is his last chance to make something of himself. His numbers so far, pulled from the NFL website are:

C.Stoerner, Ams (MIA) 117 of 194 60.3% 1,373 yards 8 TDs/4 Ints.

Not bad, but I'm not overly impressed as it is NFLE. Let's take a look at his 2001 Dallas stats, where he started in 2 games and played in 4.

C.Stoerner (Dallas) 26 of 49 53.1% 314 yards 3 TDs/5 Ints.

Kind've depressing, ain't it?

We'll have to see what sort of shot our FO gives him this season, if any. As far as taking over the 3rd string spot, I don't see it happening this season. I see our QB situation as Feeley, Fiedler, Rosenfels, as we have two guys there who know the system - the latter two.

You never know though, as QB's can rise from relative obscurity to be in and win Superbowls.

Yea... but I think the big story with QBs is finding the right guy for the right situation. I don't think you just find a Kurt Warner. Either the system exists for him to play in or it doesn't. If it does, then it's just a matter of finding the right guy to put in it.

Back
Top Bottom