does anyone know gardeners contract#s? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

does anyone know gardeners contract#s?

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
I did some number crunching with the #'s that were out there. One with a low signing bonus and another with a high signing bonus. You can find them here in between all those CK posts :lol:

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4682

Guess you should read those CK posts a bit more closely, considering I was right after all. Daryl Gardener has been released and his release has freed up enough money to take on a $1.65 million dollar base salary onto our salary cap. Thats definitely enough to have signed Evans, and nearly enough to sign Sam Adams to a creatively structured cap friendly deal. As I had said in the posts, if we freed up a little bit more with a few minor restructure jobs we probably coulda had Sam Adams with the money we saved from DG's release.

According to Len Pasquarelli, after the $2.65 million dollar base salary and various bonuses and incentives, the dolphins save $3 million THIS YEAR by cutting Daryl Gardener. So I guess I was wrong but kind of in a right way, hehe. Hooray for conjecture based on circumstancial evidence based on rumors and unsubstantiated reports vs calculations! :)

Does anyone not think that would have been enough to sign Sam Adams had we not acquired Jay Williams?

Right now, I'm crossing my fingers. Crossing them a lot, and hoping that the Dolphins are renegotiating longer term with Jay Williams in order to lower this year's cap figure to $1 million or below, so that we have enough money to try and sign someone like Darnay Scott, or......SAM ADAMS. Hehe, I know its still just a pipe dream and the chances of it happening are very slim but I can always dream.

Back
Top Bottom