Does anyone think that a new QB behind the same O-line... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does anyone think that a new QB behind the same O-line...

PhinPhan1227

Why is there a watermelon there?
Reaction score
...will do any better? I'm not the biggest fan of Jay, but I shudder to think of the result of spending a ton on a great pocket passer, who would have to operate behind the "Incredible Shrinking Pocket".

Unless we can get our hands on a proven superstar, I say we stay w/ Jay. Why replace mediocre w/ mediocre or worse. At least jay knows the system. I would like to see us draft a young QB who could be our future.

Originally posted by AEM
Unless we can get our hands on a proven superstar, I say we stay w/ Jay. Why replace mediocre w/ mediocre or worse. At least jay knows the system. I would like to see us draft a young QB who could be our future.

I understand your point but respectfully disagree. Sure Jay knows the system but that wont help if he misses his targets 75% of the time. I does not take too long to get aclimated in a new system. Look at Jake the fake. As much as I dislike him, he has proven to be very valuable to Denver this year.

A mobile but accurate QB would work, jay was mobile enough to elude most D-Men, but unfortunately he has the accuracy of the Star Wars Defense System and couldn't hit the broadside of a barn if his life depended on it.

This is a good question.....I was wondering this myself....and I believe that if we get a superstar Qb then he can get it done with this same O-line.....I just cant see a B.Favre, P. Manning, or a S. McNair faultering even with a bad line.

No, there is no point in getting Peyton Manning and propping hiim up behind the line we've got, or any we could afford with the scrap of salary cap that'd be available for an offensive line. A mobile QB with accuracy AND an upgraded OL might be doable.

Why the hell do you all think we are staying with this same OL?

Originally posted by Predaphin34
This is a good question.....I was wondering this myself....and I believe that if we get a superstar Qb then he can get it done with this same O-line.....I just cant see a B.Favre, P. Manning, or a S. McNair faultering even with a bad line.

S McNair no...he's as mobile as it gets. Manning YES!!! Just look at his numbers when the Colts fall behind and he has to start throwing a LOT. When teams pressure him he throws picks. Behind our front five turnstyle, he'd look like Ryan Leaf.

Originally posted by MNFINFAN
A mobile but accurate QB would work, jay was mobile enough to elude most D-Men, but unfortunately he has the accuracy of the Star Wars Defense System and couldn't hit the broadside of a barn if his life depended on it.

Lol...a mobile AND accurate QB would be Steve McNair wouldn't it?...:lol:

heh... maybe if we enter the season with a total of five OL, turning Donald Lee and Ed Perry into tackles, cutting everything except McKinney, Jerman and Jamie Nails, then we could afford Peyton Manning. So, you're right, we wouldn't be going into next year with the same OL. :D

Yes, call me insane but I really like Fiedler. I think he can do the job for us. Keep Fiedler and try to get Rivers. Patch up the O-line.

btw....why is there even talk on Peyton Manning. He's not coming here. He's not going anywhere. The $$$ could be spent more wisely.

Originally posted by AEM
Yes, call me insane but I really like Fiedler. I think he can do the job for us. Keep Fiedler and try to get Rivers. Patch up the O-line.

btw....why is there even talk on Peyton Manning. He's not coming here. He's not going anywhere. The $$$ could be spent more wisely.

INSANE!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom