Does anything think Ross is an owner who will demand accountability? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does anything think Ross is an owner who will demand accountability?

BGtoKNfor6

Where is the reset button?
Reaction score
So we know what Wayne was like. He basically said here take some money and get who you want but he didn't meddle. I am not one for the owner to meddle, ala al Davis, however you want an owner that is going to demand accountability though.

Which makes me wonder how Ross felt after the last game. I mean he already has admitted our attendance is poor and he is trying to muster up some fan support with adding some celebrity owners and overhauling parts of the stadium.

However, I think I can speak for most everyone on here or at least the ones of us that have been long time dolphins fans, in the fact that we all are tired of losing and are VERY hungry to bring the Lombardi home. The stadium isn't going to get full on some pre-game hoopla but rather through a team that wins.

I wonder what indeed would happen if we had a bad year this year in terms of the F.O. and what Ross has envisioned for the team.

IMO Parcells is gone after this season anyway....than you can say HELLO CARL PETERSON....and goodbye any chance of winning.

To me, Ross seems like a businessman. He cares about selling tickets and making money. He doesn't seem like the type to make player decisions, but if he feels like BP (the who he depends on to make personnell decisions) isn't doing a good job, I'm sure he would make that change.

Unless we were still making lots money, then he wouldn't change a thing.

BTW
All this is fine with me, as long as the fins stay in Miami.

To me, Ross seems like a businessman. He cares about selling tickets and making money. He doesn't seem like the type to make player decisions, but if he feels like BP (the who he depends on to make personnell decisions) isn't doing a good job, I'm sure he would make that change.

Unless we were still making lots money, then he wouldn't change a thing.

...and that is what I am afraid of. They say he is a lifelong fan. A lifelong fan would definitely do what it would take to win especially since he has monetary stake in this.

I know if I were the owner, I would definitely demand accountability. Those guys that just sit back and rake in money but field a loser for year after year after year...oh wait.....

IMO Parcells is gone after this season anyway....than you can say HELLO CARL PETERSON....and goodbye any chance of winning.

I'm afraid that's the way I see it as well.

Anyone who really thinks that having 'celebrity owners' is a good business strategy for a professional NFL franchise isn't the same type of person who understands what it takes to win in the NFL or how to build a fan base either.

He is just looking for an excuse to rub elbows with celebrities. Someone like that will only make bad decisions when it comes to building a winning team.

Can you imagine what Vince Lombardi or Halas would say about that business strategy? (Or Don Shula??).

It's insulting IMO. It is demeaning that he believes having the 'special people' involved will make it more appealing to us ordinary folks...:err:

So we know what Wayne was like. He basically said here take some money and get who you want but he didn't meddle. I am not one for the owner to meddle, ala al Davis, however you want an owner that is going to demand accountability though.

Which makes me wonder how Ross felt after the last game. I mean he already has admitted our attendance is poor and he is trying to muster up some fan support with adding some celebrity owners and overhauling parts of the stadium.

However, I think I can speak for most everyone on here or at least the ones of us that have been long time dolphins fans, in the fact that we all are tired of losing and are VERY hungry to bring the Lombardi home. The stadium isn't going to get full on some pre-game hoopla but rather through a team that wins.

I wonder what indeed would happen if we had a bad year this year in terms of the F.O. and what Ross has envisioned for the team.

Ross could bring back Jesus Christ and make him a part owner but I have a feeling if we continue to play "that" kind of football our attendance will suffer far worse than Ross can
comprehend.

I'm afraid that's the way I see it as well.

Anyone who really thinks that having 'celebrity owners' is a good business strategy for a professional NFL franchise isn't the same type of person who understands what it takes to win in the NFL or how to build a fan base either.

He is just looking for an excuse to rub elbows with celebrities. Someone like that will only make bad decisions when it comes to building a winning team.

Can you imagine what Vince Lombardi or Halas would say about that business strategy? (Or Don Shula??).

It's insulting IMO. It is demeaning that he believes having the 'special people' involved will make it more appealing to us ordinary folks...:err:

dude you are so right:rolleyes2: i mean the lakers and yankees SUCK and they have celeb fans too...wow what a dumb move this guy is making it hurts us so much to have celebs gettin involved.

Look, im tired of this stupid crap. You are a consumer b/c this is America ok? You are consuming a product by watching the NFL, buying tickets to Dolphins Games, buying jerseys/hats etc., tuning in to the games etc etc etc etc etc. The National Football League is by no means insulated from being a commercialized buisness. So enough with all this "normal folks" "disgrace" crap. Unless you are a coach or player from an older era who has experience with this league and is turned off by the overall evolution of the game you have no place to talk. Bottom line - the stadium is not filled - bottom line - find a way to get more ppl in there regardless of whether you or I deem them "true" football fans or not.

and no one here has any basis to say simply b/c ross activly is trying to get big names involved that that automatically equates to him being incompetent to hire somone. where do u ppl get this crap from? The guy is worth serious money and is in NYC alot...im sure he brushes up against celebrities without much effort. he didnt need to dolphins to do that, but rather he felt that he could use his money and influence and the image of the dolphins to help get more fans in and more national atention (another thing several ppl continue to whine about) One thing i have learned is that the majority of Dolphins Fans seem to be demanding, unsatisfyable crybabies. Not all of us of course. but SO Many of us on here neway. there is nothing u wont complain about except winning the superbowl. Well welcome to a 32 team league with only 1 winner a year boys!!! get over it!

now on the actual subject of the thread. I had brought up in a previous thread a few days ago the same question. Being that Ross so activly seeks to bring fans in and desires to be competitive i do wonder what will happen after this season or next if we do not continue to improve (i think we will but thats me) will he be hasty to do away with the current f.o.? im not sure. I hope not though b/c what i can tell you is that in my personal opinion all the coaching/manager/player turnover in this league is what makes teams so unpredictable. Now i guess its good for competition every year and for everyon to get a chance, but if a team wants to build and not go up and down every single season then they need more continuity. the teams that stick with a coach and front office through the ups and downs stay better more consistantly. Sure we didnt win another SB after 73..but all the way up and through the 90s we were one of the elite teams in this league. Even after J.J. when Wanny took over we were still competitive and right in the mix year after year...not until we tried to jumble it all up and change it every 2 years did we start to get really pathetic. I just hope that Ross understands this and he builds a strong foundation between him and Ireland/sporano so that we can continue to build. And who knows how drafts/free agency will change after Bill is gone? Maybe they will stick to building from the inside out and toughness etc. but not be afraid to go for that high draft QB or decent free agent receiver etc. My point is basically i think Ross might get pissed with a drop this season and i hope it doesnt effect his relationship with our head coach and GM. b/c i think these guys are the long term answer.

dude you are so right:rolleyes2: i mean the lakers and yankees SUCK and they have celeb fans too...wow what a dumb move this guy is making it hurts us so much to have celebs gettin involved.

Look, im tired of this stupid crap..

If you can't tell the difference between a celebrity owner and a celebrity fan then you need to do a lot more than just learn how to capitalize & punctuate...:rolleyes2:

I can't think of one team in any sport where fans turn up based on who owns the team. Name one...

If he wants to sell shares because he needs the money that is one thing, but to sell shares 'selectively' based on who he thinks is popular enough is assinine. He should be a concert promoter then or buy stakes in Who wants to be an American idol.

Or just buy a night club on the beach and serve margarita's where an occassional tennis match breaks out....

Back
Top Bottom