Does Lucas's NFL Career Ride on this game? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does Lucas's NFL Career Ride on this game?

I don't think it will happen, but if Ray turns the ball over 4 more times on Mon he will never take another snap in a reg season NFL game again.

quite frankly...the entire league was buzzing about that 6 turnover debacle(which buffalo parlayed into a whopping 13 points), if he struggles again, on a monday night no less, he may not get another chance. but marion is right, the bengals are desparate for ANY help they can get

I understand they were both 1st round draft picks. The fact is, both have sucked it up BADLY on numerous occasions, while showing only FLASHES of talent. Whereas, Lucas, for 9 games, played at a high level for the Jets. Teams will remember that, hell, we're still talking about that. If he is released, I guarantee someone will sign him.......

Originally posted by BMarion31
I understand they were both 1st round draft picks. The fact is, both have sucked it up BADLY on numerous occasions, while showing only FLASHES of talent. Whereas, Lucas, for 9 games, played at a high level for the Jets. Teams will remember that, hell, we're still talking about that. If he is released, I guarantee someone will sign him.......

Nope you missed the flaw. I am actully insulted you would think I would be hinting at that. Recently if you are drafted in the first round you have less of a chance to make it in the NFL. 1 more hint think, date.

The # is 6-7. That is how many years older Ray is than the other 2. There is an upside if a coach could nurse Leaf's or Smith's career back to life after a year or two of constant attention. What would be the upside for a 31 year old QB that has never really proven he could play QB at this level? Retirement? He may catch on as 3rd string QB is he sucks up a stom in Greenbay, but it will be for the vet min, and that coach would do everything in their power to make sure he does nothing but lead the scout team. Agian I doubt he will suck up a storm, I actully still think he will shock the nation with a very solid performance. I like the fact that he knows this game holds all the cards as far as his career is concerned. All the extra motivation helps when you are going against Brett Farve. If he cracks under the preasure we will still be tied for first, and we get to see what we have in Rosenfels.

I was gonna say age, so I was close. You are right in that aspect. However, he actually has proven he can play QB at this level, which, if I remember correctly, is why we brought him here in the first place. He lead the Jets to a 6-3 record after Vinny went down back in '99. I agree with you in that I think he will have a very solid performance this Monday. He has nowhere to go but up......

Back
Top Bottom