Does our Draft Straegy change now? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does our Draft Straegy change now?

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
With the Patriots acquisition of a legit runningback now, does Rick lean more toward Defense with the first pick?

Also, here is a wallpaper I made.

Here is a sample:
0Marino2Chambersbanner-med.jpg

And here are the links to the wallpapers:
http://www.finheaven.com/photo/data/500/0Marino2ChambersFinal-med.jpg

Finheaven Version:
http://www.finheaven.com/photo/data/500/0Marino2ChambersFH-med.jpg

First, nice job with the wall paper. I don't think we'll go defence crazy just cos the have Dillon who I think is a very good back. What I think could change things for us is if Mike Williams can not enter the draft.I was thinking we'd get Evans by moving down a few spots but now we might have to take him at 20 or he could be gone by 20 all together.I think that the players Rick wants on defence will still be the same regarless of Dillon tho.

Ozzy rules!!

The only way we draft defense is if Wale leaves or we get a safety/LB/DT way deep down in the draft. Rick should just draft Shawn Andrews or whatever lineman's left. Or Philip Rivers if we are very very very very very lucky :lol:

The Dillon trade doesn't change anything. The Pats were going to upgrade the RB postion one way or another. It's not like this is a surprise.

LIQUID24 said:
The Dillon trade doesn't change anything. The Pats were going to upgrade the RB postion one way or another. It's not like this is a surprise.

Agree

I don't think so. Our defense already does a good job at stopping the leagues top runningbacks, so we need to worry about getting Ricky to run over other defenses.

I think that this strengthens the argument for DT in the DT vs. LB debate. With runners like Henry/McGahee and Dillon in the division, having big guys up front is going to be very important. We can't afford to see two of those aging guys go down.

I really think defense is probably 4th on the priority list behind Andrews, trading down, and WR. I still think it's quite possible that this 4th priority will be the one we satisfy due to BPA, though.

1st off, I want on the Keep Ogun bandwagon. Secondly, I rather have the Pats get Dillon, than a young stud like S. Jackson. Dude is nasty, and better than K. Jones if your asking me. I don't wanna see Jackson and McGahee 25% of the time for the next 4 years

Dr. Rad,

You just gave me nightmares unintentionally -- just because the team has Dillon doesn't mean they won't also go after Jackson. In fact, the timing may be intentional just to set Denver or whoever up to think they're out of the market. Can you imagine Dillon for a year or two with Jackson working his way in?

Jimmy James said:
Dr. Rad,

You just gave me nightmares unintentionally -- just because the team has Dillon doesn't mean they won't also go after Jackson. In fact, the timing may be intentional just to set Denver or whoever up to think they're out of the market. Can you imagine Dillon for a year or two with Jackson working his way in?

That's pretty unlikely, JJ. I don't think they're going to all this effort just to set up Denver for a "GOTCHA!" New England does have other needs to look at. Not urgent needs, perhaps, but things they do want to address. They might take a mid-late round RB as an insurance policy, but to burn two high draft picks on RBs doesn't make sense for them, not when they need an infusion of youth on D.

Back
Top Bottom