Doe's Ronnie Brown = Edgerrin JAmes | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Doe's Ronnie Brown = Edgerrin JAmes

perezferia said:
LaDanian and Faulk are ELUSIVE backs, Brown runs people over. He's going to be like a much faster Lamar Smith for us. Cadillac could get through the hole and make the last safety miss with a great move, Brown wouldn't even try to juke the guy, he'd go right through him.

In college they'd miss the tackle but not in the NFL. Brown will have a lot of 15 and 20 yard runs but homerun hitter, nope. LaDanian and Faulk are homerun hitters because ontop of speed and power, they have elusiveness.

But hey, I like the pick and love the kid. He's got heart and that's REALLY what this team needs more than anything else.

Interesting, every run I have seen of Ronnie Browns he does try to juke the guy. A couple of times he succeeds.

I don't understand this idea that Brown just runs straight. I just never seen a play of his where it was 6 yards and a cloud of dust.

perezferia said:
LaDanian and Faulk are ELUSIVE backs, Brown runs people over. He's going to be like a much faster Lamar Smith for us. Cadillac could get through the hole and make the last safety miss with a great move, Brown wouldn't even try to juke the guy, he'd go right through him.

In college they'd miss the tackle but not in the NFL. Brown will have a lot of 15 and 20 yard runs but homerun hitter, nope. LaDanian and Faulk are homerun hitters because ontop of speed and power, they have elusiveness.

But hey, I like the pick and love the kid. He's got heart and that's REALLY what this team needs more than anything else.

A faster Lamar Smith? I don't hink so.. Lamar smith didn't even look for a hole, Ronnie Brown will find even the smallest hole and exploit it much like Ricky Williams did. Lamar Smith was never a successful runner in this league he had little vison and was of little use as a reciever out of the backfield.

Just because Brown isn't the most elusive(and he IS elusive, just not super elusive) back doesn't make him a "faster Lamar Smith" it makes him more like a Duece McAllister and/or Ricky Williams.

perezferia said:

I like Lamar Smith, I still see a lot of Faulk in the way Ronnie catches and runs with the ball. Lamar was a straight up bull runner. In a few highlight films Ronnie did show some jukes and moves, so he's a little more elusive than smith, but I agree Ronnie will run over some people. But, I wouldn't be surprised to see Brown break a long one. I think this is a good pick for us, i'm really eager to see how Crowder pans out.

Ronnie Brown not elusive??? :lol: That's a good one.

Brown has some moves. He doesn't make about 2-3 cuts every carry like Cadillac does, but you can't argue with the production.

He had more 30+ yard gains than any of the other top 5 backs drafted. He also averaged 6 yards per carry, while Caddy average something like 4.8.

He'll break a few long ones for us. 4.40 speed will do that for you. He's also plenty capable of running over Corners or Safeties once he gets into the secondary.

Edge is the man. You wanna know why he got over 1500 with a horrible O-line?

Its a Cane Thing.

ronnie brown fits the denver style running game perfectly if you ask me. im not talking about elusivness here, with ronnie from what ive seen its, reading hitting and exploding thru the hole with no hesitation, a north south one cut type runner. we have to remember hes a big back, yet he still possess the speed to take it the distance. i can see some long runs in his future, especially if our wr decide they would like to try some down field blocking to aide the cause. i couldnt be happier with the selection of ronnie, hes going to straight up EAT PEOPLE!!!

I live in Delaware so i never get to see LT play, but I see us using him just like the eagles use brian westbrook, move him around to create a favorable matchup. Ronnie "Touchdown" Brown is much bigger then westbrook and not as shifty, but you can't take his hands out of play.

Back
Top Bottom