Does Saban get the final say? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does Saban get the final say?

RocknRollPhin

Go Phins!
Reaction score
With this quarterback delema (I think its Gus starting) does Saban push for the younger or does the consensus say that its the elder to teach the younger a few things in an upbeat scheme?

Saban will go with the best guy that can help this franchise win games. If that guy is Gus then he will start, if it is AJ then he will start.

RocknRollPhin said:
With this quarterback delema (I think its Gus starting) does Saban push for the younger or does the consensus say that its the elder to teach the younger a few things in an upbeat scheme?

Who cares in that regaurd we are screwed Qb is our weakest link the fans know it, the Qb's know it, the rest of the league knows it, one of those 4 qb's better pull a rabbit out of his azz or we're all in trouble. good luck !

finsnchips said:
Saban will go with the best guy that can help this franchise win games. If that guy is Gus then he will start, if it is AJ then he will start.
Agreed

finsnchips said:

At least this is what he's saying publicly, but I suspect Saban is looking at it in a business manner as well as ability to run the O. I think it's fair to say it's Feeley's job to lose. But since Saban told Gus he can complete for the starting position as a part of his signing here..he's not gonna say something else publicly..just like he's interested in B. Edwards during the draft, but choose Brown. Sanan's not stupid, he knows what the phins has invested in AJ..just like he knew what we invested in R. Williams.

MDFINFAN said:
At least this is what he's saying publicly, but I suspect Saban is looking at it in a business manner as well as ability to run the O. I think it's fair to say it's Feeley's job to lose. But since Saban told Gus he can complete for the starting position as a part of his signing here..he's not gonna say something else publicly..just like he's interested in B. Edwards during the draft, but choose Brown. Sanan's not stupid, he knows what the phins has invested in AJ..just like he knew what we invested in R. Williams.

Ah but there are some drastic differences in the two situations.

1) Ricky cost two first rounders, A.J. A second rounder.

2) Ricky has proven he is a Pro Bowl talent when he is right, AJ has proven
nothing yet except inconsistency.

Should Frerotte look noticably better than Feeley come the 4th pre-season game I have no doubt Frerotte will be the opening day starter, if they look similar it will probably be AJ.

To answer the question of does Saban get the final say...

His word is the final word.. That's why he took this job..

RocknRollPhin said:

I think he'll go with Feely and if he doesnt have a good year put gus in.

Starting Gus over AJ would make me lose all trust in Saban. AJ can be good if given the chance.

MDFINFAN said:

Why would Feeley's cost have any bearing on whether or not he starts? Looking at it in a business manner means that if the Phins win they put more butts in the seats, so he is gonna start the player that gives the team the best chance to win...regardless of whether that player cost a 2nd round pick or was a cheap free agent. It would take an idiot to start an inferior player just because he happened to cost a lot when there is a better player on the bench. And, Saban is not an idiot

Fitz said:
Starting Gus over AJ would make me lose all trust in Saban. AJ can be good if given the chance.

Saban is a better QB eval. than all of us, and with no real young guy to groom expect the guy that he thinks will win more games for us to start.

Our QB situation makes me miserable. Probably one of the only reasons Saban has Ricky coming back because he knows we'll have to pound the ball this year. I believe Saban is setting up his team, so that when he drafts his young QB, there will be a decent team to play in front of him.

I wish Berlin wasnt such a fool. He acts like he can make some impact at times but then his mental state takes over and it blows up in his face. I wish we could take Marinos brain and sew it into one of our QBs. Har.

Back
Top Bottom