Does this explain last years poor performance? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does this explain last years poor performance?

JJ777

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I know the OL had problems but I remember reading on these forums that a lot of people thought Ricky wasnt running full steam and seemed to be half-assing it out there at times. I think in some interviews in the preseason even Ricky said he wasnt running all out. Maybe even back from last season Ricky lost his passion for football and it explains the lackluster performance. If this is the case then its good he is gone. Last thing the team needs is our go to guy not giving his 110%.

I think ricky gave it his all last year...at the end of the season he realized he was being used and abused, so he decided to quit when he could walk. I remember reading a quote from him something along these lines "Handing the ball off to me everyplay isnt football" He was obviously upset about it.

JJ777 said:
I know the OL had problems but I remember reading on these forums that a lot of people thought Ricky wasnt running full steam and seemed to be half-assing it out there at times. I think in some interviews in the preseason even Ricky said he wasnt running all out. Maybe even back from last season Ricky lost his passion for football and it explains the lackluster performance. If this is the case then its good he is gone. Last thing the team needs is our go to guy not giving his 110%.

Lacklustre performance?????? Which Dolphins games were YOU watching????? The guy was facing 8/9 men in the box almost EVERY play behind one of the worst offensive lines I've seen in the NFL in a long time.

You may be upset that he's gone, but don't give us these stupid conspiracies about him not being 100%.

I remember reading an article where Ricky himself said that he didnt run fullout all the time last year that he could have run harder.

I remember him saying that also.i don't know if the line was that bad,plus teams putting 9 in the box ,but what was the problem with the line last year compared to the year before.i thought that teams put 9 in the box that year also.

Back
Top Bottom