Does this scare anybody else..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does this scare anybody else.....

Predaphin

Predator in the Water
Reaction score
Im worried about these 1 yr vet min. contracts we are giving our players. I dont want to end up like the patriots. I think Wanny figures this yr is SB or bust. Next yr we wont have all these players. The reason I brought this up is because i heard we are now trying to sign T-Buck to a 1 yr vet min contract......anyone else worried?

I think it is smart football to give out these kinds of contracts. Let's face it, if you are a player in this situation where you are getting NFL min contracts, you are not a superstar and are very expendable. Plus the team has nothing to lose if they flop.

Originally posted by Bobby Humphrey
I think it is smart football to give out these kinds of contracts. Let's face it, if you are a player in this situation where you are getting NFL min contracts, you are not a superstar and are very expendable. Plus the team has nothing to lose if they flop.
While this is essentially true, isn't it amazing that we can sit here and say that dropping 3/4 of a million dollars on a guy who does very little is "nothing to lose." Most of us won't see that kind of money in a decade much less in an unproductive year. Just something to ponder...

NO

We don't have that many one year contracts. What player has a one year contact that is a key component to our team?

The only one that will be a key player to us with a one year contract is Leon Searcy. Other than that, the ones I know of that were signed to one year contracts this year were Ogunelye, Wooden and Gamble. One year contracts are usually backups and special team players. I think Searcy only got a one year contract because of his injury history. They gave him a "wait and see" contract, if he can play without getting any serious injury that will make him miss a lot of time, we will re-sign him to a bigger contract in the offseason.

But those are the only guys that come to mind with one year contracts.

Back
Top Bottom