does this team have a window? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

does this team have a window?

No. Our O-line is extremely young. RW, DB, CC, RM and A.J. are all in their mid 20's. Our secondary is relatively young. We've added some young CB's to the mix. Bell, a safety drafted last year, may surprise. We do need to draft some LB's and DT's next year. I think we're sitting O.K.

We will be looking to rebuild our D over the next few years.

Guys will be able to come in and sit behind current starters. I think Will Poole illustrated this. He is our dime CB this year, and maybe next, then he may start

The offense is so young all around, we pretty much don't have to worry about them for awhile. The defense is getting old, but I dont think all the older positions will simply fall apart during the span of one year. Are team will just keep mutating, the young will get better and the old will be replaced. Maybe in a few years the offense will be the strength. I just think in todays NFL, you can always be competitive and there is no window, except maybe in those situations when you have a great QB.

linebackers and safeties are gonna need an infusion of youth in the next year or so in my opinion

Absolutely this team has a window. This is WHY I ahave been so pissy about the team not being more agressive about signing key players and getting us over the hump to win the SB.

The following players have deteriorated alot the last year or two:

Madison
Bowens
Zach Thomas
Seau

Man that is our defense. These guys have MAYBE one more decent year left. If Miami does not win it all this year then we will definitely be rebuidling. Hopefully starting with the coach. The offense is young as mentioned above, but the thing is no one knows if most of them can play or not. Feeley, McKinney, Smith, Carey etc. are all big question marks.

Frankly, without a miracle performance by those young players we will have a rough year.

I think ZT has more than 1 good year left. But your point is taken. We are getting a little long in the tooth at both the LB and DT positions. But since our Offence is so young I think you will see us address those two positions bigtime next offseason.

Do they have a window? It depends on what aspect you're looking at. If you consider age, not really. Linebackers may be getting up there in age, but the only one we don't have a potential replacement for is Zach. If you're talking about money, I think so. JT, Zach, Madison, Surtain, and Bowens all have contracts who are going already ballooning, and will only get worse in the next season or two. Like it or not, one of these guys is going to be cut before too long. My guess? One of corners......

Back
Top Bottom