Doesnt preserving the value of the pick really mean.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Doesnt preserving the value of the pick really mean....

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhinsPhan

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers.

When Mike Nolan says that they are going to preserve the value of the pick and thinks he is doing a wonderful job with the media doesnt this really mean he is going to pick the one guy that he knows no one will trade up to get.

If Alex Smith was their target wouldnt they just come out and say it so that teams would want to trade up? Same with Braylon Edwards.

When he says he is not going to tell anyone who he is picking because he wants the value to be preserved I think he is actually saying they are going with Rodgers and would rather people think otherwise.

I think you are reading too much into it. Alex Smith will be a 49er at 12:15 tomorrow.

You might be right. As soon as he says hes taking Rodgers, then nobody is going to try to make any deals with him. The power then goes to the Fins.

As long as he doesnt show his cards, teams will still try deal with him. But in the end, I think Rodgers will still go 1, Smith 2, Edwards 3.

Everybody in the Bay Area thinks it'll be Rodgers and that Nolan's just testing the waters after seeing how much interest Saban's managed to stir up. The idea is you can't pass up a local guy without good reason -- and there's no good reason.

KB21 said:
I think you are reading too much into it. Alex Smith will be a 49er at 12:15 tomorrow.

No way, Smith has ripped the 49ers in the media, questioning the organization because they are talking contracts with mulitiple players.

Of course I may be eating my shoe because Nolan is truly a moron.

Jnaledu3 said:
You might be right. As soon as he says hes taking Rodgers, then nobody is going to try to make any deals with him. The power then goes to the Fins.

As long as he doesnt show his cards, teams will still try deal with him. But in the end, I think Rodgers will still go 1, Smith 2, Edwards 3.

Ah...but Smith at 2 to whom...is the question...that we'll have to wait to see.

I really think Rodgers is still the 49er's man. They were pretty consistent on that until Saban started shopping the second pick, and only then did they make a push for Smith or Edwards. We'll know soon enough.

Pocoloco said:
I really think Rodgers is still the 49er's man. They were pretty consistent on that until Saban started shopping the second pick, and only then did they make a push for Smith or Edwards. We'll know soon enough.

I agree

KB21 said:

I think you're right and I backed that with cash. The other day someone posted here that Pinnacle, an offshore betting outfit I deal with, had Aaron Rodgers the signficant favorite to be picked #1. I checked and he was right. I immediately bet Rodgers would NOT be the first pick and took +1.65 odds.

Even if I lose I think that's great value. Mueller said Rodgers carries a midround grade. Some pundits have him freefalling to as low as #24 if SF passes on him. That's silly, but those type of whispers indicate to me a guy who is rated so much lower by others is extremely unlikely to be picked #1. I've certainly never seen that before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom