Dolfan954, this is for you. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolfan954, this is for you.

We could get Grove easily if Andrews isn't there at 20 and we traded down a few spots.

Actually, if we got him, I'd move him to right guard and keep Seth at center.
Grove reminds me SO MUCH of Lecharles Bentley with the Saints. When he came out, he was a great center, and now he's a pro bowl-calibur guard.

dirty grove is the man. lets trade down to about 27 or so, acquire another pick, and draft this nasty s.o.b.

I'm liking this guy. But what if we trade down and someone takes him before us? we should just get him with the 20 pick.

Grove at 20? You guys are going over board with him imo.

Ozzy rules!!

Ratings in the draft are over rated imo, we will draft our players according to what the dolphins rate them not other sources. People get to caught up in what outside sources rate players imo. They may be rated differently for different teams needs. We will get what we need, not who people say is "rated higher". Im so excited to see what rick does!!!!!! Scheduled the day off. Its just going to be me, my couch, @ my case of naty

As long as Miami trades down for this guy, I'll be happy, but drafting him at #20 and not getting more picks would be a mistake.

If I were in the FO I would go into this draft with the mindset to trade down way before learning if Andrews is going be there or not. I think Andrews is too much of a boom/bust type pick and we have a gaping hole on the right guard spot. Trade down to 26-30 spot and recieve a 3rd round in return. When our spot comes up select out the three depending on who is there:

1. Justin Smiley
2. Chris Snee
3. Jake Grove

All three can come in a push to start in 2004. All three has the fundamental skills to be All Pros at their positions. Why take the risk of Andrews. Of course I LOVE his run blocking skills and could make the best RG you have ever seen, but there are major concerns. I would love coming away from this draft with Smiley or Snee.

Re: Re: Dolfan954, this is for you.

Originally posted by Dolfan954

I appreciate the shoutout. :up:

Everyone already knows where I stand on this topic. I'll just let my sig with Mr. Grove's quote speak for itself...

:yes:

Since we aint gettin rivers you can put me on the Grove bandwagon

I dont care where we get him just make sure we do. This guy plays old school smash mouth football, and in todays game some call him dirty. I want to call him a Dolphin

Originally posted by everardteach
If I were in the FO I would go into this draft with the mindset to trade down way before learning if Andrews is going be there or not. I think Andrews is too much of a boom/bust type pick and we have a gaping hole on the right guard spot. Trade down to 26-30 spot and recieve a 3rd round in return. When our spot comes up select out the three depending on who is there:

1. Justin Smiley
2. Chris Snee
3. Jake Grove

All three can come in a push to start in 2004. All three has the fundamental skills to be All Pros at their positions. Why take the risk of Andrews. Of course I LOVE his run blocking skills and could make the best RG you have ever seen, but there are major concerns. I would love coming away from this draft with Smiley or Snee.
I agree here but we better not move down too far cos someone wll take Smiley right before us. The thing about Grove is that we need a RG more than we need a center and Snee should go in the 2nd round but of course we don't have one. Anyway, I'm trusting Rick with whatever he does.

Ozzy rules!!

I'd like to give St. Clair a shot at C. Not bank the sesaon on him, but he was an all-pro in college. I'm all for getting Randall, then moving St. lair to compete with McKinney for the Center shot, moving McKinney to guard.

Back
Top Bottom