DOLFANS: Pick the two most likely picks for us in your opinion (Draft Day) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DOLFANS: Pick the two most likely picks for us in your opinion (Draft Day)

IMO I think Cedric will fall to the Cards...I think we'll take Rodgers if hes there and if he isnt then we'll take Edwards/Brown depending on wether Wicky is set to come back or not.

Supposedly the Bears are real high on Cedric Benson, but of course that could be misinformation too.

Benson or Brown.
I have no idea why you people all think QB or WR is even an option.

We just signed Sage and Ferotte. Saban said Feeley will get a shot. What makes you think we go QB? Not very likely.

Edwards? We have Chambers, Booker,Thompson and McMichael. Would Edwards or Willams help? Yeah, but it does not solve the running game issue which is a huge problem. When you have three potentially franchise RBs, and RB is your biggest need, then how can you justify picking another position? You can't.

The only exception would be if Saban KNOWS Ricky is coming back.

I guarantee it is RB.

fin-atic said:
Benson or Brown.

We just signed Sage and Ferotte. Saban said Feeley will get a shot. What makes you think we go QB? Not very likely.

Edwards? We have Chambers, Booker,Thompson and McMichael. Would Edwards or Willams help? Yeah, but it does not solve the running game issue which is a huge problem. When you have three potentially franchise RBs, and RB is your biggest need, then how can you justify picking another position? You can't.

The only exception would be if Saban KNOWS Ricky is coming back.

I guarantee it is RB.

I don't think Saban is stupid enough to make a draft pick based on the idea that Ricky is coming back, even if Ricky has told him he's coming back. Do you realize how much egg would be on his face if he passed on Benson/Brown because he thinks Ricky will come back, and Ricky changes his mind again?

IMO, Saban will draft Benson/Brown, and if Ricky comes back, then our tailback situation is that much better. I do not believe Saban will pass on a back, thinking Ricky will come back.

KB21 said:
I don't think Saban is stupid enough to make a draft pick based on the idea that Ricky is coming back, even if Ricky has told him he's coming back. Do you realize how much egg would be on his face if he passed on Benson/Brown because he thinks Ricky will come back, and Ricky changes his mind again?

IMO, Saban will draft Benson/Brown, and if Ricky comes back, then our tailback situation is that much better. I do not believe Saban will pass on a back, thinking Ricky will come back.

I agree. I just think that would be the only thing that would remotely make sense if we don't go RB. But I agree.

I think we go RB, and I think its Benson.

I don't see how anyone thinks the QB situation is any more set with Frerotte and Feeley than the RB situation is with Gordon and Minor. Sorry, i just don't see it.

ckparrothead said:
I don't see how anyone thinks the QB situation is any more set with Frerotte and Feeley than the RB situation is with Gordon and Minor. Sorry, i just don't see it.

Agreed. In my mind, Gordon has just as much upside as Feeley. I like Feeley, but I don't think he's proven anything to make you not choose a potential franchise QB.

Given the choice between a good RB and a great QB, or a great RB and a good QB... I choose the QB. We've done it the other way... it didn't work too well. It also doesn't fit in with the "explosive offense" that Saban has promised us. Not to say that Feeley can't do it... but I don't think there's any more guarentee that he will than Gordon.

Agreed. In my mind, Gordon has just as much upside as Feeley. I like Feeley, but I don't think he's proven anything to make you not choose a potential franchise QB.

In the end I think they are both backups.

fin-atic said:
Benson or Brown.

Well, I wont speak for anyone else but in my opinion nobody on that list you gave is a proven NFL starter. You dont pass on a potential franchise QB when you don't even have a proven starter on your roster.

Unless your offered a deal to good to pass up to do it...by trading back.

If we stay at 2 its a QB or WR IMO. I don't see us passing Smith in particular at #2 overall based on his history and success in our scheme.

Benson is more likely to be our pick at 5 overall if we make the Bucs trade back deal

I think it should be noted that saying Smith played in the same scheme that the Dolphins run is like saying an excellent cricket player should be able to make the transition to pro baseball "easy"

Related, but Meyer's system was a perverse, *******ized, black sheep third cousin of Linehan's pro system.

ckparrothead said:
I think it should be noted that saying Smith played in the same scheme that the Dolphins run is like saying an excellent cricket player should be able to make the transition to pro baseball "easy"

Related, but Meyer's system was a perverse, *******ized, black sheep third cousin of Linehan's pro system.

I think a lot of people misread what was stated in that article a while back. Urban Meyer met with Scott Linehan and learned some of his quarterback coaching abilities. He didn't integrate Linehan's offense into his offense.

DOLFANMIKE said:
Well, I wont speak for anyone else but in my opinion nobody on that list you gave is a proven NFL starter. You dont pass on a potential franchise QB when you don't even have a proven starter on your roster.

Unless your offered a deal to good to pass up to do it...by trading back.

If we stay at 2 its a QB or WR IMO. I don't see us passing Smith in particular at #2 overall based on his history and success in our scheme.

Benson is more likely to be our pick at 5 overall if we make the Bucs trade back deal

There's a lot of talk that the Bears are huge on Benson at 4. We'd probably have our choice of Brown or Williams at 5. Or we might go defense.

phunwin said:
There's a lot of talk that the Bears are huge on Benson at 4. We'd probably have our choice of Brown or Williams at 5. Or we might go defense.

Wow. Brown at #5 overall would be nice. However, part of the Bears saying they like Benson at their slot may be based on them thinking we are drafting Brown at #2. They may like Brown better...either way we get a great RB prospect.

KB21 said:
I think a lot of people misread what was stated in that article a while back. Urban Meyer met with Scott Linehan and learned some of his quarterback coaching abilities. He didn't integrate Linehan's offense into his offense.

Well, thats both true and not true. I've heard both speak at coaching clinics over the years. Especially Urban....many times. I've only heard Linehan a few times. He and Linehan do run systems that come from the same root, but Urban chooses to favor a more wide open style in the same attack. Many of the routes and reads are the same (I've even gone through some of my clinic notes on boths basic tree routes, plays, etc....I keep all that stuff) and much of it is the same. In fact, its more alike than it isnt. But Urban did put some spice into the basic scheme by opening it up more with more shotgun sets and it appears he may have implemented some specific key changes on his hot routes.

I'd say the history of them so far would put Urban's favorite set as a Shotgun multiple WR set and Linehans as a 3 WR formation with the QB under center.

Back
Top Bottom