Dolphan thoughts from the North | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphan thoughts from the North

Steve S

☠️ Banned ☠️
Joined
Feb 2, 2005
Messages
347
Reaction score
0
1) Have come to the conclusion that Ronnie Brown and Braylon Edwards are the two best players for the Miami Dolphins.

2) Don't count on any trades happening whether its Surtain or trading down off that #2 pick. Carl Peterson is just a friggin' idiot and although I still think there's a market in the draft for the next best player after the 49ers pick, I wouldn't count on someone trading up to #2.

3) I really hope the Dolphins aren't counting on Ricky Williams for anything. I'd love to turn the page from the days where we signed or traded for other teams problems. Whether it was David Boston or Eric Green it never worked.
Bad character has trumped talent in every case.
 

finfromthenorth

Starter
Club Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2005
Messages
395
Reaction score
17
where are you from the north??? I also think that Braylon will be a great pick.
 

Steve S

☠️ Banned ☠️
Joined
Feb 2, 2005
Messages
347
Reaction score
0
finfromthenorth said:
where are you from the north??? I also think that Braylon will be a great pick.

I live outside of Hartford.

I was against drafting any WR with first pick but Edwards could be an impact player the way Roy Williams was last year. Would give the 3 wide sets Linehan likes to run a challenging option for defenses.

On the other hand, Brown would touch the ball more and give Feeley 70 or so chances to get his completion % up.

Either way I'm good.
 

Stitches

I love Mindwarp
Joined
Nov 5, 2004
Messages
12,057
Reaction score
0
Age
36
Location
Akron, OH
Woot, the north rules. Oregon, OH!!! or at the moment, the home of Charlie Frye (*cough* draft him in the 3rd Saban *cough*), Akron OH/ University of Akron.
 

patsdynasty

3peat bound in motown!
Joined
Apr 2, 2005
Messages
586
Reaction score
0
frye has bust written all over him, maimi should draft a qb but not this schmuck, maybe miami should grab adrian mcphearson and hope he doesnt screw up like he did at fsu. l coles screwed up bigtime at fsu but hes done well in the nfl so who knows
 

chub

Scout Team
Joined
Mar 10, 2005
Messages
213
Reaction score
0
Steve S said:
I live outside of Hartford.

I was against drafting any WR with first pick but Edwards could be an impact player the way Roy Williams was last year. Would give the 3 wide sets Linehan likes to run a challenging option for defenses.

On the other hand, Brown would touch the ball more and give Feeley 70 or so chances to get his completion % up.

Either way I'm good.


Dude that is not north lol! I live in Calgary Canada and there are fans further North than me lol! I admit the weather has been good as of late but Hartford being North lol! Bring back the Whalers lol!

All in fun. As for your opinions, all cool with me. I think there are 3 franchise backs and 2 wr that interest many teams. Draft a Back or a WR, if a trade presents itself go for it but if not I would still be happy!
 

cowtowndick

Seasoned Veteran
Joined
Feb 2, 2005
Messages
674
Reaction score
0
Steve S said:
I live outside of Hartford.

I was against drafting any WR with first pick but Edwards could be an impact player the way Roy Williams was last year. Would give the 3 wide sets Linehan likes to run a challenging option for defenses.

On the other hand, Brown would touch the ball more and give Feeley 70 or so chances to get his completion % up.

Either way I'm good.
I'm even further north, in Alberta. And like you, I was against drafting a WR, but if you adhere to the BPA philosophy, it's hard not to look at Edwards.
 

cowtowndick

Seasoned Veteran
Joined
Feb 2, 2005
Messages
674
Reaction score
0
chub said:
Dude that is not north lol! I live in Calgary Canada and there are fans further North than me lol! I admit the weather has been good as of late but Hartford being North lol! Bring back the Whalers lol!

All in fun. As for your opinions, all cool with me. I think there are 3 franchise backs and 2 wr that interest many teams. Draft a Back or a WR, if a trade presents itself go for it but if not I would still be happy!
Dude - in Calgary??? Me too. Also, agree with your comments - WR or RB.
 

HysterikiLL

Super Duper Club
Joined
Dec 23, 2004
Messages
12,653
Reaction score
0
I pretty much agree with these conclusions. I want Ronnie but Braylon is my second favorite.
 

inFINSible

Don't believe everything you think.
Joined
Sep 3, 2001
Messages
25,303
Reaction score
5
Age
54
Location
your six
Why does it matter that you're from the North? :huh:

Wait....North is capitalized.....could that be North Pole?

Could Steve S be, Steve Santa??

Santa is a Dolphins fan and wants us to draft Ronnie Brown!!!!!

Hell, yes!! Santa can't be wrong.

:biggrin:
 

LarryFinFan

Left So Fla, never the Fins...
Joined
Mar 10, 2004
Messages
7,694
Reaction score
2
Location
NC
I'm from the North too....(North Carolina !!) LOL

I agree with your first point.

On the trade down scenario, there always seems to be developments on draft day...afterall, who really thought the Giants would trade up last year ?? Afterall, they had their saviour QB (Warner, now that was funny !!) So ruling out a trade is nonsensical at this time. As far as Surtain goes, I think something will be worked out with KC...if, as has been stated in the media that KC has reached general contract agreements with PS, then they will want to make the move and eventually strike a deal with Saban...it could be several lower round picks this year and a day one pick next year. Or it could be a deal where they select the guy we want in the 3rd round and trade that player and other picks for PS, who knows right now. But the bottom line is that they desperately need a stout CB and PS is the best guy available right now and they have already invested a lot of energy in acquiring him.

As for RW...whatever happens, happens. There are so many IFs involved in him coming back, that it appears very unlikely to happen to me, BUT...even if an accord has been reached by Saban and RW and he is planning on coming back in July, Saban will not "count" on him. How can he ?? I doubt that if the above happens, that it will affect how Saban drafts. He will take a RB in either of our 2 picks or one that we may trade to acquire.
 

FlyFishingKing

Camp Victory
Joined
Jan 1, 2005
Messages
156
Reaction score
0
Age
57
Location
Ft. Hood, Texas
Although I do agree with the poster’s picks, I still don’t think you can't rule out a QB. I think it really depends on what SF does. Like I said before, if SF signs a deal with one of the three players (Smith, Rogers, Braylon) before the draft we might know more about what Saban would do. Plus, he can bluff that much more and maybe get a team to move up.
 

BlueFin

Seer of Visions
Club Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2004
Messages
20,219
Reaction score
5,593
Location
Weeki Wachee, Florida
Steve S said:
1) Have come to the conclusion that Ronnie Brown and Braylon Edwards are the two best players for the Miami Dolphins.

2) Don't count on any trades happening whether its Surtain or trading down off that #2 pick. Carl Peterson is just a friggin' idiot and although I still think there's a market in the draft for the next best player after the 49ers pick, I wouldn't count on someone trading up to #2.

3) I really hope the Dolphins aren't counting on Ricky Williams for anything. I'd love to turn the page from the days where we signed or traded for other teams problems. Whether it was David Boston or Eric Green it never worked.
Bad character has trumped talent in every case.

Thanks, We've been waiting for your conclusions.

1) Could be, but my bet is Alex Smith.

2) Surtain will be traded before the draft, or during the draft.

3) If Ricky finds himself and can help this football team, bring it on.
 
Top Bottom